Author Topic: 2013 show ?????  (Read 843 times)

sjb

2013 show ?????
« on: December 08, 2012, »
So as mentioned I have my first ever show going this year and every night the wife laughs at me running to the window to watch it and to see if anyone is stopping to look at it. But honestly I am actually looking at it and thinking of next year (OK, yes I am just looking at it proudly and seeing if anyone is watching, But don't let her know that <fp.)

So next year I plan on adding a crap load of RGB smartstrings and I have to ask. When you add stuff, do you start sequencing from the beginning or do you add the channels and copy and paste the existing channels to the new ones.

Thanks

Steve

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: 2013 show ?????
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, »
I just added to my current sequences . I normally do make a new copy of the sequences each year and add the year to the name.

I think we all of look outside to "Check" on the show  ;D
Just making sure there is no problems LOL

Rick R.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, by rrowan »
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline bassmants

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, »
And here I thought I was the only crazy one.  Wandering outside every so often "to make sure everything is working, honey."  Secretly watching the onlookers...Nervracking, but fun.

Offline caretaker

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2012, »
From my personal experience this year of adding a PixelString mega tree to my display I took some of my old sequences and "refreshed" them with new elements.
I am using LSP 2.5 so I would open my old sequence then create a new sequence with the new controller lay out and mega tree and then copy from my old sequence to the new on for my standard elements that stayed the same. When i was finished with that then I would start adding in the new elements and mega tree. In some cases I just mimicked what the mega tree was doing in the old sequence with the RGB mega tree in the new sequence.
Jeff Squires
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline JonB256

• My website
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2012, »
I use LOR S3. The "best practice" methods when changing from 2011 to 2012 is to either:

1.  Add any new channels to the bottom and only to the bottom of Track 1 (the "Master Track"). Once there, copy them to Track 2, Track 3, Track 4, etc... and then you can move, rename, delete all you want. If you never move or delete channels in the Master Track, it is very stable when creating new sequences and applying saved Channel Templates. If you start moving and deleting in the Master Track, it can get crazy.

2.  Create a whole new channel layout from scratch. Call it 2012 Layout. Then open the 2011 Sequence and copy/paste into the new sequence.  If you use choice #1 for a year or two, you will eventually have to use #2 just to make sense of the new changes.

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2012, »
Look out the window? Heck man, i pulled up a recliner and sat it across the street. Jk.... when mine runs my nerves always rack. Ppl enjoy it no mattee whats on there. I seem to get more nervous watching all the ppl and hoping they enjoy it. But the rain......i hate rain.
Its the most wonderful time of the year.