Hardware > Lynx Smart String

Zeus kept losing its mind...

<< < (2/4) > >>

pokey:

I've got a 16 port active hub upstream from the Zeus which feeds via the PixelNet Out port.  It's getting fed from my Ether Dongle.  It also feeds six six Smart String Controllers (v4) which worked fine during the whole season.

Everything is in Universe 1.

taybrynn:
That all sounds good ... so on the zeus, are you using channels 1,2,3,4,5 ?  Or skipping some?  Is this a zeus v1 or v2 ?  Unused channels, are they just flashed or did you program them to anything at all ?

tbone321:
Whether they are programmed or not should not have much effect on them, as long as they are flashed.  I think that the real issue is the way that they are all sharing a common program jumper and the noise on the board both from so many nodes switching on and off and the PIC's themselves. 

pokey:

It's a Zeus v1.0.  Programmed them sequentially starting at channel 250 and up from there (44 lights per channel, 16 channels).  It all runs wonderfully for a few days, then it slowly starts losing its mind.  First one strand goes dark, then another, then another, then it all goes south.

pokey:

Folks,

I posted last year about my Zeus losing its mind.  What happens is that it runs perfectly fine for a couple nights, then one by one, individual ports/strands start failing.  If I reflash the chips for each port, it behaves fine again.

Is anyone else seeing this behavior?  I want to turn on my mega tree, but having it fail and having to pop all those chips out to reflash is an absolute pain.

Help!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version