Author Topic: How to wrap incans on Arches????  (Read 2226 times)

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
Re: How to wrap incans on Arches????
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm about to trash my incan arches.  Already built my RGB arches.  If you were in the Atlanta area I would give them to you.  Here is one trick I learned after I built mine.  Start in the middle of the string and wrap pulling both ends around at the same time.  Good luck.

How much do you want for them Jim?

For you mark free.  A couple of sections need a some bulbs replaced.  These are free standing low arches maybe 24 to 30 inches at the peak, but you could redo the base and make them go higher.  I will be putting these in the trash can sometime before I tear the display down in order to make room for my new arches and other stuff.  Will cost you more in gas than it would to make them new.  LOL  But then we could meet face to face and you could see a couple of displays on this side of town.  Of course I am only barely running right now.  This is only my second night up and running.  I did some of those stupid decisions we all do and screwed up my old sequences by eliminating hybrid mode without thinking it thru.  Then had to go back and add hybrid mode to every SSC and recheck all the sequences.  Fortunately I did not compress my channel numbering.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline mkozik1

• Monroe, GA 30655
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2013, »
I'm about to trash my incan arches.  Already built my RGB arches.  If you were in the Atlanta area I would give them to you.  Here is one trick I learned after I built mine.  Start in the middle of the string and wrap pulling both ends around at the same time.  Good luck.

How much do you want for them Jim?

For you mark free.  A couple of sections need a some bulbs replaced.  These are free standing low arches maybe 24 to 30 inches at the peak, but you could redo the base and make them go higher.  I will be putting these in the trash can sometime before I tear the display down in order to make room for my new arches and other stuff.  Will cost you more in gas than it would to make them new.  LOL  But then we could meet face to face and you could see a couple of displays on this side of town.  Of course I am only barely running right now.  This is only my second night up and running.  I did some of those stupid decisions we all do and screwed up my old sequences by eliminating hybrid mode without thinking it thru.  Then had to go back and add hybrid mode to every SSC and recheck all the sequences.  Fortunately I did not compress my channel numbering.

Sorry to hear you are having issues Jim.  Due to weather and work, I have not had much of a chance to get anything up on this end either.  Hope to have it done this week.  I look forward to meeting you face to face, let me know when you are not working on your display or working with your trains and we will do this!!  PM me what looks good for you.
- Mark

Offline winwin

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2013, »
I used the sleeve method. I wrapped 100 count incans around sump pump drain hose. It was like 1 1/2" and looked similar to vacuum  hose. The little grooves provided a nice channel fir the wire. My sections were 14" long and I ran 7 of them on a 10' stuck of 3/4" sch20
Sump pump hose? grooves? that's clever! would you happen to have a picture how it looks when done?
AL.

Offline Gary

• Diamond Crescent
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2013, »
I used the sleeve method. I wrapped 100 count incans around sump pump drain hose. It was like 1 1/2" and looked similar to vacuum  hose. The little grooves provided a nice channel fir the wire. My sections were 14" long and I ran 7 of them on a 10' stuck of 3/4" sch20
Sump pump hose? grooves? that's clever! would you happen to have a picture how it looks when done?

To save Mitch09 the trouble, here is a photo of what he's talking about...

sjb

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2014, »
Thanks again everyone. The sleeve method with the sump pump hose was the way I went and it rocked. It was easy to do. Now I just have to wait for the 3 feet of snow to melt to tear down and store.

Steve