Author Topic: Geek my tree rgb lights  (Read 1958 times)

Offline Mjmhomes

Geek my tree rgb lights
« on: August 03, 2014, »
I seen this guy at the Xmas expo called geek my tree has anyone tried out his line of rgb lights

Offline arw01

Re: Geek my tree rgb lights
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, »
I followed him on another forum, they are premium lights with a custom san devices controller.  Not compatible with any of the gear here.

Offline Mjmhomes

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, »
Not compatible with lor light show pro or vixen?

Offline Scott4864

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, »
They said you could run them with an E682.

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, »
Why would anyone want to go proprietary with now days?
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline arw01

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, »
the light string themselves are a non compatible string for the DIYLA hubs, ssc etc.  The chipset is supported on the E682 and I suspect a few others that have nut and bolts control of timing.

He went that way because he is familiar with led ic's and wanted top of the line, not the commodity chips in WS2811, or the TM1804.

Alan

Offline Scott4864

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2014, »
I don't remember what protocol they said the pixel are but they are a definitely standard type that a number of pixel controllers out there will run. You don't have to use their controller. Each ball has 2 5050 LEDs in them. Definitely a very high quality at a decent price for what you get.

The proprietary controller is made by San Devices. It's purpose is for a  plug and play solution.  It has 50+ pre-built effects to run one tree in a standalone application. You take it out of the box, plug it all in and your done.