Author Topic: VIXEN  (Read 1233 times)

Offline kfxi

VIXEN
« on: August 03, 2014, »
I am wanting to install VIXEN for my light show this year and I don't know whether to install VIXEN 3.0.6 or install VIXEN 3.0.10.  I am just getting started with PIXELS and I would like to use some of the NUTCRACKER mega tree sequences but I also want to keep my DMX stuff from last year.  I would appreciate any guidance you can give. I have used VIXEN 2.0 in the past so I have some working knowledge of VIXEN.  Thanks for your input.

Ken

Offline t.jo13

• Coop Manager
Re: VIXEN
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, »
I would go to the subsection of the nutcracker rgb effect builder and ask your question there also the vixen sub forum it might yield you some good responses. Hope that helps

Joe
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, by t.jo13 »

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, »
Hi Ken,

Go with Vixen 3.0.10
Knowing Vixen 2.0 might be a hindrance since 3.0.x is a totally different program basically written by a group of people instead of the single programmer of 2.0. There are some Vixen 3.0 videos on youtube.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
and

It looks like Vixen 3.0.10 is good with E1.31 but the USB Dmx pro is not fully tested. I don't know what hardware you are using.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline kfxi

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, »
I have built the ETHER DONGLE but not programmed yet.  I have also  built 8 ZEUS 16 that I have not programmed yet.

Ken