Author Topic: Vixen 3 vs HLS  (Read 6208 times)

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
Re: Vixen 3 vs HLS
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2013, »
Actually I did run everything DMX last year.  I've since sold off all my LOR controllers this year -- so its all Pixelnet and a little DMX only from now on!

The slow part of my LOR setup wasn't running the show, but rather the slow load times of the sequence in the LOR SEquencer, like 2-4 min each.
Save times are similarly slow, I think because its compressing them when you save them and the file format is very bloated (XML) .
Its also another 2-3 minutes to import the channel configuration with the tech fixes in it.

The real problem is going through 20 songs for a technical fix ... like mapping some channels wrong by accident ... then you waste 5 minutes per song ... each time you
apply a fix.

BUt I agree, running LOR a couple years ago DID slow me down big time.  THats why I ran LOR in DMX last year instead.  LOR with 192 channels or less doesn't lag much at all.

My lynx gear is so reliable, there is no more need for LOR ... so I sold it off.

I already use the etherdongle, will buy a backup this year. 

I don't want to use the conductor because I like to modify the show on the fly too much and I don't see it working for me in that sense.  Otherwise, I would use it.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login