Author Topic: Weather Can be a Show Stopper  (Read 782 times)

Offline wftxlites

Weather Can be a Show Stopper
« on: December 14, 2012, »
Well, this is a first for me. In Texas we deal with a lot of weather conditions. cold, hot, windy, tornados, downburst thunderstorms and sometimes a liitle snow. I never thought that in the middle of December we would have one of our famous cold windy thundestorm bursts. I talking 40mph+ wind and horizonal rain. I have several of the blow up characters that were given to me by friends, so I feel obligated to use them. Really hate them to be honest, but the kids like them. No matter how many anchors something about these and wind don't mix. So, you guessed it tonight was the night one took off flying like out of the Wizard of Oz. We were watching on the cameras. Away to door I flew like a flash busted though it and ran down the street. Of course, there were cars outside. I chased alongside of a car as it and I both were trying to catch the UFO. All of a sudden the car's door flew open and a small boy jumped out and grabbed my UFO. I remind you about the 40mph wind and rain. I graceously thanked him and fled back home some three houses away with my UFO. Now, I am litterly soaking wet and my wife says you need to get all the other inflatable too and keep them from blowing away. I had the solution, I quickly ran outside hit the breaker shutdown the show and said the heck with it tonight. Now, I still have cars that are stopping to see the show. No lights on, no radio, but they are still coming like it is intermission. This is completely crazy.

I just had to share.............. :-\

Offline lonewolf41

• Coop Manager
Re: Weather Can be a Show Stopper
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, »
LOL.  I am sure it was not funny as it was happening, but it sure describes that way now. My wife and I both got a kick out of your story.  Only someone who has walked in your shoes can really appreciate it.  From a former West Texan...glad you got it back and good luck.   <res.

-Keith

Offline SteveMaris

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, »
Not a funny story. Funny, but not funny.  <fp.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline TexasStingray

• Coop Manager
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, »
I hear you I'm in Frisco and the GFI' was tripping so no show for me tonight.
Scott Wanner
TX

Watch my videos

Offline barbotte

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2012, »
I had the solution, I quickly ran outside hit the breaker shutdown the show and said the heck with it tonight. Now, I still have cars that are stopping to see the show. No lights on, no radio, but they are still coming like it is intermission. This is completely crazy.
I just had to share.............. :-\

was it a quote from a good movie ,,, IF you build it ,,,they will come !!!!!
cheer

Offline Jeffl

• Just remember. Wireless is nice. Copper is king!
    • Christmas In Brandon
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2012, »
I'm not sure what is worse.  Chasing decorations down the street or a grown intoxicated man out of the yard.  Luckily it was at closing time so no kids were penalized because of it.