Author Topic: LED flood light question  (Read 652 times)

Offline Whip

LED flood light question
« on: January 03, 2012, »
Hey guys. I came across mini LED colored floods once that fit into a standard bulb socket and for the life of me I cant find where I saw them again. What do you guys use for colored flood lights? I want to use LEDs and I found a bulb that looks promising but I'm not sure. I dont want spotlight style floods. More of a warm covering of light. This is the best I've found so far but they only throw the equivalent of 11 watts. I dont think thats bright enough.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Anything better out there? And cheaper helps too.  :P
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, by Whip »

Offline zwiller

Re: LED flood light question
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, »
Not sure if its what your after but have you seen the aether ll?  It's rgbw and I think it throws a heck of alot more than 11w ;D
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline jeffcoast

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, »
Hey guys. I came across mini LED colored floods once that fit into a standard bulb socket and for the life of me I cant find where I saw them again. What do you guys use for colored flood lights? I want to use LEDs and I found a bulb that looks promising but I'm not sure. I dont want spotlight style floods. More of a warm covering of light. This is the best I've found so far but they only throw the equivalent of 11 watts. I dont think thats bright enough.

Anything better out there? And cheaper helps too.  :P
Those look like direct view bulbs, and wouldn't really flood anything with enough light to make it visible. Incan floodlights are over 100W and the high powered ones are like 4-500W.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login Found that page with some, but looks like the bulbs are expensive there. But compared to the ones you found, about the same for the comparable amount of light output.

I am going with Aether IIs myself for next year. Will be cheaper overall to be able to get the color changing options it has. And with the lenses, have no doubt will be able to spread the light out the way I like.

Jeff Cook
Orlando, FL

Offline Whip

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, »
Are you talking about using RGB smart strips and aiming them at the house?

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, »
if you want an rgb floodlight, i'd look at the Aether II.
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!