Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 1075 times)

Offline Trevor

• Wilson Family Lights
Suggestions
« on: January 26, 2012, »
So im planning on expanding the show again this year (Who isn't right?). I noticed last year that the roof looks so empty so I think I need to add something to it. I don't want the roof to feel left out  :P So any ideas on what I can do? Im at a loss..I dont just want to throw on strings of lights on the roof. Im curious to see what people can come up with.  ;D
Even as an adult I find it difficult to sleep on Christmas Eve.  Yuletide excitement is a potent caffeine, no matter your age.

Offline Slite

• Blinky Blinky Lights
Re: Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, »
I am considering to place a bunch of coro-stars in a "random" pattern on the roof. And was also toying with the idea of placing half-spinners at the ridge of the roof.
Blinky Blinky Lights!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline KeithTarpley

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, »
Greetings,,,

Lights in a Christmas tree outline pattern, with a few ornaments scattered about.  Never grows old...

Keith
"Now I know the only foe is time." -Moody Blues

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Greetings,,,

Lights in a Christmas tree outline pattern, with a few ornaments scattered about.  Never grows old...

Keith

leave it up there too long, might grow mold!!   ;D

i've seen some people so a grid work with led string, to "section" off the roof
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline mms

• Like us on Facebook for special content and year-round updates.
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, »
Spinners:  Easy to make and sequence for.

Coro Flakes:  I've never made one, but they are cool and dramatic.

Net Lights:  Arranged in "bars", a la piano keys or marimba/vibe.  Make 12 "bars" and you have an octive (I would make 8 or 16 simply for channel utilization.)

Face(s):  My roof doesn't have a steep enough slope to pull this off and have it look good from the street.  But faces are becoming quite popular among the community.

You could always get 8 reindeer with Santa and his sleigh.  Possibly add a Rudolph with a "smart" nose.  It limits sequencing possiblities though, IMHO.

I'm outlining my roof line next year.  I'm not sure how I'm going to animate/work that into my show, but like you, I'm sure my roof feels left out.

My 2 cents.

Good Luck.

Steve

Like us on Facebook for special content and year-round updates: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Voice-over Inquiries:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Trevor

• Wilson Family Lights
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2012, »
Hmmm So far I'm liking the spinner idea.... ;D Thanks for all your suggestions  ;D
Even as an adult I find it difficult to sleep on Christmas Eve.  Yuletide excitement is a potent caffeine, no matter your age.

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2012, »
I have 16 snowflakes on my roof (1 LEs worth).  Everyone likes them I started with 8 12", but I have been buying 17" from Target lately and replacing what I had.  Wait until after Christmas sales to get 50% off.  Of course that won't help you for the 2012 show.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA