Author Topic: Show Start Times  (Read 1061 times)

Offline UncleBuck

Show Start Times
« on: October 11, 2012, »
So what time does everyone start and end their shows, both date and time of day? Being my first year I want to be good neighbor. They all know it's coming but I don't think they understand how much!!  >:D

Offline peteandvanessa

Re: Show Start Times
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, »
Mine start at Dusk and run until 9pm weekdays and run alittle later on Friday and Saturday (until 10pm).

I also keep an eye out so that viewers don't block driveways or turn their radios up loud

Offline deplanche

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, »
I being setting up any nice day after Nov. 1.  The lights aren't "allowed" to go on except for testing until after Thanksgiving... or when the woman is out for the evening.  ;)

My show starts at 5 and runs until 9 on weekdays, 10 on friday and saturday nights.

Offline Rainlover

• Coop Admin
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, »
Mine runs from 5 - 9, 7 days a week from Thanksgiving to New Years.

John
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!

Offline tbone321

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2012, »
If you are friendly with your neighbors, I would also talk to them and see what works for them as well.  You might also want to see if any significant level of traffic is created by your show and if so, try and schedule it to minimise the impact it may have on you neighbors.  Happy neighbors are key to a successfull season and show.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2012, »
dusk to 9:30p during the week and dusk to 10:30p on Fri and Sat.  I only do Halloween for a couple of days, just long enough to test my show computer, FM transmitter and a few controllers.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline thestig

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2012, »
My show will run from dusk until 9pm 7 days a week. Halloween show starts on the 15th of October and Christmas starts on December 1st.

I have 4 days to have my show ready and I am still building SSC's and my last order from Ray arrived today. I am usualy a procrastinator but this is getting too close.

Grant

Offline mms

• Like us on Facebook for special content and year-round updates.
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2012, »
5-9 Sunday-Thursday
5-10 Friday and Saturday

My neighbors tolerate my testing year round.  My window frames are up already - but I've been "testing" for Halloween.  Halloween will be start a week before with Christmas starting December 1 at the latest.
Like us on Facebook for special content and year-round updates: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Voice-over Inquiries:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline pk

• Patron Member
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2012, »
Dusk - 9:30 Sunday - Thursday
Dusk - 10:30 Friday and Saturday

Living in the Mountain time zone, our late local news starts at 10:00 PM and our day is over.  This is different than the 11:00 news in EST and PST zones.   If I lived in one of those time zones I would probably run the show an hour longer.

After the show I keep the eves on all night at a low intensity - no music.