Author Topic: LED Light Question  (Read 802 times)

Offline Trevor

• Wilson Family Lights
LED Light Question
« on: October 25, 2012, »
We are planning on building a star that is going to be about 8ft across. My question is this. Does anyone know what the best option would be for lights? We would like for them to be c9's. Perferably LED but not a must. However with most LEDS c9s in the stores the lights are not that bright. We are looking for something thats going to be really bright as this star is further away from the rest of the house and needs to be able to be seen. We will be using clear/white and Blue. Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with above average brightness in lights and where they can be purchased.

Thanks!
Even as an adult I find it difficult to sleep on Christmas Eve.  Yuletide excitement is a potent caffeine, no matter your age.

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
Re: LED Light Question
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, »
the C9's in the stores have a lower number of led's per bulb than the ones you can get online. I believe.
Someone correct me if i'm wrong.

To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline Trevor

• Wilson Family Lights
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, »
Yeah chris you're correct. Im thinking of just placing another order with  Creative Displays and hope he's not back loged.
Even as an adult I find it difficult to sleep on Christmas Eve.  Yuletide excitement is a potent caffeine, no matter your age.

Offline Rainlover

• Coop Admin
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, »
I used C9 retros from CDI in my star. They look great. The star is 6' tall.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

John
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!

Offline Trevor

• Wilson Family Lights
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, »
Looks Great Rain! We just ordered the c6 lights from CDI. We went with the C6's as were doing something a little bit different than the average normal star. Should have the lights by Wed. Thanks all!

Offline Dennis Cherry

• Maryville, Tennessee
    • Video's of Computerized Lights
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, »
How many C9's do you need of the 5 LED type?
2013 videos now available You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login