Author Topic: Chicago Bound!  (Read 2281 times)

Offline joshuashu

Chicago Bound!
« on: August 30, 2010, »
Curious to know is any one else planning on going to chicago this weekend? I am, leaving friday morning, hope to have a good weekend and show off the wireless stuff too!  looks to be a good fun weekend. hope to see some of you there.  <md..

Offline JerryPlak

Re: Chicago Bound!
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, »
I am also, leaving friday morning from San Diego..

looks to be a truly fun weekend. hope to see some of you there.   <yk..  <res.
Jerry Plak

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, »
Have fun I hope the Aether made it Basis21 OK and everyone does not think it is stupid. You guys have the first public showing of it.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline JerryPlak

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, »
I am Truly ready to see  the LEDs Flood-O-Lympics, as well DYI goody's 
Jerry Plak

Offline basis21b

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, »
RJ,

I haven't seen the Aether yet.  I'll be sure to let you know when it arrives.  The biggest obstacle will be my remembering to put it in my vehicle on Thursday morning before I leave.

I am sure it will cause a little buzz.  I am going to bring along one of my enclosures that is already prepped so there will not be a lot of need to open it up.

I'm planning to bring along a few other RJ creations as well.

Tom
Tom B

Offline solidmodeler

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, »
I'll be headed up there Friday about noon. Only live about 3 hours South of there. Hope to see you there.
Michael

Lights, more lights, more controllers, more, more, more

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
RJ,

I haven't seen the Aether yet.  I'll be sure to let you know when it arrives.  The biggest obstacle will be my remembering to put it in my vehicle on Thursday morning before I leave.

I am sure it will cause a little buzz.  I am going to bring along one of my enclosures that is already prepped so there will not be a lot of need to open it up.

I'm planning to bring along a few other RJ creations as well.

Tom

I show it delievered this afternoon at 3:13 pm

So I guess you must be busy playing. I hope you are half blind by now...   ;D   <yk..     Just kidding!

RJ

Offline basis21b

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2010, »

So I guess you must be busy playing. I hope you are half blind by now...   ;D   <yk..     Just kidding!

RJ

Me?!?  Not me I would NEVER...

Ok, ok.  I am enjoying the fact that you are sharing your toys.

Looking forward to seeing it when it gets dark outside.  I've promised myself I will wait till Chicago.  (Maybe)

Tom
Tom B

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2010, »

RJ

Me?!?  Not me I would NEVER...

Ok, ok.  I am enjoying the fact that you are sharing your toys.

Looking forward to seeing it when it gets dark outside.  I've promised myself I will wait till Chicago.  (Maybe)

Tom

After USPS played football with it you might wnat to make sure it works.  Or at least it sounds like a good excuss to me!   <pop..

RJ

Offline joshuashu

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2010, »
i cant wait to see it in action.  should be interesting to see all of them in action. guess i should bring my video camera!

Offline basis21b

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2010, »
I'm pleased to report the Aether has made its way to Chicago...
Tom B

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2010, »
Yes but not one single report on the mini!   <fp.

Man, I guess they are all either out having to much fun or passed out..   <pop..

RJ

Offline joshuashu

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2010, »
was nice to see the Aether in action. it blows all the other diy floods away, and was the only wireless. we had about 8 different floods. Z man did an awesome job on the DMX presentation, and the food and entertainment was awesome.
Thanks RJ for showing off the Aether.

Offline basis21b

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2010, »
Let me start off by saying that I decided to wait to see the Aether in the dark till the Chicago Mini.  It was a bit of a challenge but I held off.  The light performed flawlessly and we were able to demonstrate it as a wireless unit.  I had given some thought to running the demo from the far side of the house to show off the wireless range but could not come up with a solution to how to have someone tell me if it was actually working.  It seemed silly to use a cell phone so the human could demo the device...  ;D 

I had quite a few people come up after the unit was powered off and they were very happy to see that it was cool to the touch.

I was a little paranoid being given responsibility for the device (even though I asked for it) so I was choosy about when and how it was put into the public (I DID promise I would send it back.)  Having to do it all over again I would have put it out in the open and let more people handle it.

Having said all that, it was a pleasure to be able to show off your creations RJ. 

PS, in answer to the too much fun comment all I will say is I had a great time.
Tom B

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2010, »
Glad it worked well! You could of handed it around that very light is the one I built in the video and it has had a less than easy life.

1 - If fell off my bench from about 3 ft to the hard word floor. Survived.
2 - It was hit by lighting which blew the circuit breaker it was on while it was running. I expected it to be dead but it survived. They are pretty durable.

RJ