Author Topic: How to be a coop manager?  (Read 746 times)

Offline cubbieco

How to be a coop manager?
« on: January 16, 2011, »
I'm not saying right now that I could be a coop manager but lets pretend that I've cleared this with my wife.  How would a person become a coop manager?  I'm new to the forum (all though I've been a lurker reading things for a couple of years) and I figure I could probably help out on something like an SSR4 for 100 units or so.  I wouldn't want to start with a huge part count.

Obviously there are trust issues with us strangers on the internet (we all know each other, don't we) so I know I can't just say Hi i'm your next manager send me your money.  However, I'm just wondering how a newbie could help.  Maybe we could get 3 or 4 prospective coop managers and a central trusted person could send us all the kits for 50 or 100 each that we would divide out???

Offline D56VillageNut

• Patron Member
    • Thompson Snow Village
Re: How to be a coop manager?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, »
I'd first say look at the coop rules.  They are in the first post in the current coop section.  Here's a link You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.

I'm not sure where it is listed but I believe one of the requirements is to have been a member here at DLA for at least one year.  That gives a person time to experience a coop or two from the member perspective.

Hope this gives you a better understanding of the coop process.

Alan T

Offline fertsy

• Coop Manager
Re: How to be a coop manager?
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, »
This is correct you must read the coop rules as it explains everything and yes there is a 1 year active requirement at minimum.