Author Topic: My Halloween Project  (Read 1130 times)

Offline cody33rd

My Halloween Project
« on: August 01, 2011, »
Uses 1 LE(not even all the channels)
This is my first blinky flashy project.  After I watched a lot of Halloween display videos I decided to use the KISS method.  Many displays had a lot of different mouth shapes for different sounds.  Although they looked great I decided to simplify it for a rookie.  Should be fun for the neighborhood trick or treaters.
Springville Utah

Offline maffeirw

• Patron Member
Re: My Halloween Project
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, »
Looks great - hard to believe it's your first project - looking forward to seeing more in the future.
Luceat lux vestra

Offline tbone321

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, »
You put in just enough to make it work and work well.  Very good.  Now let's see how long you can keep it that way ;D
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline trekster

• A Lynx Express Device........ Fascinating! ;
    • My 2010 Videos
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, »
Looks great.  How tall are the pumpkins?  They look to be about 1 foot tall?  Can we see the back side of them? 

Ron
My 2010 Videos
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline inzeos

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, »
Looks great!

Any chance for a quick how to or picture set on how you did your pumpkins?

Offline cody33rd

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, »
@trekster  The biggest pumpkin was made out of a 18"X24" 4mm black piece of coroplast.  The other two were cut out of pieces that big.  I would post a picture of the back, but I broke my camera at Scout camp.  I am not sure when I will get another.

@inzeos  I printed out a 3/4" grid pattern to help with spacing.  I kept every thing square to keep it simple.  I marked out my patterns with a pencil until I got what I liked(the kids helped design some of it).  Then I drilled holes in the coro with a harbor freight dremel knock off that I bought years ago.  There are probably 1001 ways to punch or drill holes into coro.  I even read somewhere that one guy melted holes in with a solder iron.
Springville Utah

Offline inzeos

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
@trekster  The biggest pumpkin was made out of a 18"X24" 4mm black piece of coroplast.  The other two were cut out of pieces that big.  I would post a picture of the back, but I broke my camera at Scout camp.  I am not sure when I will get another.

@inzeos  I printed out a 3/4" grid pattern to help with spacing.  I kept every thing square to keep it simple.  I marked out my patterns with a pencil until I got what I liked(the kids helped design some of it).  Then I drilled holes in the coro with a harbor freight dremel knock off that I bought years ago.  There are probably 1001 ways to punch or drill holes into coro.  I even read somewhere that one guy melted holes in with a solder iron.

Cool, thanks!