Author Topic: hey noreasters!  (Read 1081 times)

Offline pyrael

hey noreasters!
« on: October 30, 2011, »
So how did everyone fare with our "snow storm"? I think I have 2 to 3 inches total, lots of ice and mud though.

heard this one came up the coast and everyone on the other side of the catskills got more.

I wonder how the white background will effect lighting this year.

Steve

Offline deanathpc

• Brooks Family Lights
Re: hey noreasters!
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, »
For once nothing here..  And WNY usually gets nailed either with everyone else or instead of everyone else.  I'm sure out time is coming....
-------------------
Dean
Check out our web site: 

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

2011 Light Count: 8,700

[img width= height=]http://www.vixenlights.com/sig/sig_h.php/160.gif[/img]

Offline pyrael

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, »
I hear ya. usually, it makes no difference for us in o-town if it's a from the atlantic or the lakes. if it's strong enough to breech the mountains, we get it. plus, it seems this valley I'm in has it's own weather pattern. I hear delaware and ulster counties were supposed to get a foot. I wonder if they actually did... are you up by buffalo?

Offline dridas

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, »
I'm in Orange County NY, and got 11.5 inches. Not a fun day at all- it was coming down heavy for a while. That, and this snow was WET!, so lots of leaning/falling trees, branches, and power lines. Out power just came back on like 10 minutes ago.

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, »
Western PA, just a dusting
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2011, »
Southern NJ

Some Ice, mostly Rain

Yeah

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline TAdamsOK

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2011, »
NE Oklahoma here, very sunny and high in the 70's!   >:D

Offline mokeefe

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2011, »
About 6 inches of heavy wet snow here in southern NH.  Lots of power outages. We're on day two of no power.  Utility company says it will be a "mulit-day" event to restore power.  I'm just hoping we don't beat our personal record of 9 days without power in the ice storm or 2008.

-Mike

Offline pyrael

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2011, »
I'm in Orange County NY, and got 11.5 inches. Not a fun day at all- it was coming down heavy for a while. That, and this snow was WET!, so lots of leaning/falling trees, branches, and power lines. Out power just came back on like 10 minutes ago.

Where in Orange? I'm originally from the Middletown area. Between Middletown and Otisville. Yeah, that storm seemed to have got you guys alot more than I.

mokeefe,

Good luck with the power issues. Hope you can still have your show, although I'd assume it pretty difficult if running generators.

Steve

Offline dridas

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2011, »
I'm in Cornwall NY.

No show for Halloween, and not sure about Christmas- I'm just starting out, and am planning on getting built up for next year. Jumped in too late to do much for this year...i think

Offline maffeirw

• Patron Member
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2011, »
I sort of answered this in another forum. I'll repeat it here.

Our town (Mahopac, NY) suspended Halloween (told people not to have their kids Trick or Treat) due to the power failures caused by the snow storm we had on Saturday.  About half of Putnam County, NY is currently without power and it's not expected back on until Thursday or Friday in most places.  Thankfully we were not affected but I'm not sure how well my flashing lights are going over when all but 6 houses on my street are dark.  I've still had a number of cars stop and watch the show and beep or flash their headlights so I guess they enjoyed it.  With about a foot of snow on the ground it looks like I may have the same problem taking down the Halloween display as I had with the Christmas display last year but with the temperatures due to rise to the 60's on Friday hopefully it will all melt (it must have gone down 4 or 5 inches today alone).
Luceat lux vestra

Offline pyrael

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2011, »
Me too. I started this plan a couple of weeks ago. I'm just going to plan for next year and accumulate.

strange... the newspaper (our paper is slow) said we got 4.2 inches that night. didn't look like it from my house! apparently that storm beat our record of 1.2" in 1928. wow, so I guess that's the official story lol. It said some places in Mass. were hit really bad. Peru Mass. got 32"!