Author Topic: FM Transmitter suggestions  (Read 1422 times)

Offline Christmasaddict

FM Transmitter suggestions
« on: November 11, 2011, »
I have been working on sequences and recently realized that I still don't have a transmitter.  Can someone clarify the FCC rules on these?  Also does anyone have suggestions on a decent unit that won't break the bank?  I would have liked to have built one from a kit but at this point I don't have time.  It is approximately 115 feet from my house to the road.  I have looked at a unit at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login but not sure it is what I need.

Offline rimist

Re: FM Transmitter suggestions
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, »
I suggest reading
 You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login for the fcc info.

- Rimist

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
- Rimist

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, »
I have the 4000 and works GREAT looks like thier sold out but have the V6000 $99 in stock I have not any knowledge of this one , take a look and see if it something you may like also I have heard on other forums not to use the whole house transmitter you may want to do some research . heres a link to the mobile blak box You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Jeff

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, »
I bought a Ramsey 25b assembled off ebay when I first started 4 years ago.  It may not be the best or the strongest, but it is certainly capable and has a broad base of users.  I think when I got mine no one had even heard of EDM, but if I was starting over I would look at the EDM units or consider a used Ramsey unit from someone who is trading up.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline TAdamsOK

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, »
I had the whole house transmitter last year and was never really happy with the range it provided.  I tested it and actually got static by time you hit the street in front of my house.  Distance to the transmitter was less than 50' in my guesstimation.  This year I purchased the 25b kit and with the standard telescopic antenna it came with, it broadcasts several blocks with no problem.  I'm very interested to see how it performs once I get a nice antenna built.  I probably need to get started on that huh?!

Offline rm357

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2011, »
I would advise you to not bother with the nice antenna. If you are already covering several blocks, you are good to go.  :)

More coverage translates into a greater likelihood of getting a complaint followed by a visit from the FCC with a cease and desist order...  :-[
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline holland lights

• holland lights
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2011, »
I would recommend a edm transmitter from You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  . Its fenonminal in sound quality for the price, i have a compressor inline to regulate the audio and it sounds great.

Offline Christmasaddict

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2011, »
Thanks to everyone who replied to my post.  I just ordered an assembled Ramsey FM25B off Ebay.  I would have loved to have put one together but time is short and I still have a lot of sequencing to do...

Offline paul58

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2011, »
Been using the EDMDesign also with no problems at all. Great unit but order ASAP. Takes a little while.