Author Topic: Not getting Coop Emails  (Read 1591 times)

Offline Christmas.joe

• Listen To Those Lights!
Not getting Coop Emails
« on: January 18, 2012, »
I've tried everything for getting emails on Coops.  Nothing seems to work   <md..

I have gone into my profile and the email address is correct.  I have gone to the Current Coops and made sure I get emails and made sure the button reads unnotify.  The last Coop for the transformer started after I made sure I had the Notify button pressed; I wasn't interested in that Coop, but I know future one's I may be very interested.

I have again went in and unnotified and then notify again. We'll see what happens.

<pop..

First Live Show 2011 Success Is Good!
12,000 Lights 32 Channel
Alabama

Offline smartcontrols

• Coop Manager
Re: Not getting Coop Emails
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, »
Be sure to check your junk mail folder

Offline Christmas.joe

• Listen To Those Lights!
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Be sure to check your junk mail folder

Not in the Junk.  I am now getting emails.  Maybe when I did and redid it that fixed it.  Doesn't matter now, I'm getting emails.  >.d9

Thanks for helping.

<pop..

First Live Show 2011 Success Is Good!
12,000 Lights 32 Channel
Alabama

Offline randyy

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, »
Talk about frustrating!!!  <md..

I got the e-mail, but it was delayed for some reason.  I was on the site (without email notification) from what I figure is less than an hour before the post.  By the time I get the e-mail and go back to the site, it's already closed.

I understand that the coop managers don't want too much work, but closing this quick is insanely disappointing.  I've been checking DLA 3-4 times a day to avoid missing a coop and it still slips by (along with the 5 kits that were released after midnight a week ago).  I agree with someone on another (now locked) thread that there should be some sort of advance notice of the coop opening.  The current system just doesn't seem fair.

Offline shaunkad

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, »
With advanced notice the coop will sell out in minutes not an hour so it is the same issue. I am sure  there will be more coops I have email notification but check the site more than my emails.

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, »
I hate suggesting it, it does not solve the problem of limited supply... but what about a lottery system?  For a week leading to the coop you get a random place in line.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline randyy

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, »
With advanced notice the coop will sell out in minutes not an hour so it is the same issue. I am sure  there will be more coops I have email notification but check the site more than my emails.

I agree they'll fill up quicker, but IMHO, it's NOT the same issue.  If you want to get in, you can choose to be on the site at the time it opens, and everybody has an equal notice and equal chance, unlike today's.

At least then if I were to miss out, it would be because I was too lazy to carve out time to be on coop standby.  Today's Coop was basically like a lottery for whoever was lucky enough to get on the site or check their e-mail at just the right moment.  I didn't get my golden ticket from the candy bar on this run, along with many others.  I was just echoing another's suggestion that seems to level the playing field a little.

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2012, »
i got a notification on my phone, i watched it come in. it was for an ebay auction that was ending soon.  i logged into ebay. the auction had ended an hour earlier
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline grumpy2076

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2012, »
I would like to say thanks to all the co op managers and everyone thats involved in them, ith that said everyone needs to remember that there are onnly a few doing the co ops and all the work. This is why its so cheep to buy this things, so it takes time and also theres 3100 members now and im sure Rj is running ragged. as  the co op managers. Just remember its only Jan. and theres been 2 co ops already. Im sure there will be lots to come just be patient. Im new and just made the first co op and was wow that went fast. But ive been reading and wating whats been joing on and must say with out Rj and the rest this wouldnt be possible.
Hey, it's like that old goat says: Rule 11: It's all just a game, so let loose and have fun with it! I mean, a casualty or two along the way is no big deal, right?

Offline bwhite505

• Patron Member
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2012, »
This horse has been beaten too death over and over and over.  It is as fair as it can be.  If you set a time it may not be fair to the West Coast or the East coast or our international members. RJ summed it up pretty clear.

Ok I need to explain something that seem to keep coming up with the new members.

DLA is not a business, So it truly is no way to run a business. If DLA was a business we would sell the Express complete ready to run and they would cost much more, we would make profit on them and therefore we would make as many as fast as we could by hiring people.

But because we are just people donating our time to make kits that save others money we only ask the coop managers to do the amount they are willing to invest time to do.

See the issue is you say "you build up 426 kits"  but see that is it, someone else builds up the kit. It is not you spended every moment of your free time sorting parts for other people so they can save money. These people do not get paid for their time. They get some thanks normally from the coop members and some compliants from people about why they did not do 426 kits but only 100.

100 Kits is sorting thousands of parts folks and will take a coop manager maybe 50,60,80 hours of work. most have jobs and do this is their free time.

It is very easy to be the arm chair quarterback until it is you on the field with the mud on your face fighting for every yard you gain.

Let me counter by saying what I think was meant,

"Thank you smartcontrols for running the 100 unit coop, I did not make it in but do know you are doing a lot of work to help a bunch of people just not me this time. Maybe next time you do one I can make it into it and you can then help me also by saving me a lot of money."

If this is not what was meant then I am the one that is confused, Why not?

See here :

I think this should cover this thread.

RJ

THANK YOU RJ and Staff.  <res.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, by bwhite505 »

Offline loveroflife96

• Coop Manager
  • Brandon Christmas 2010
    • My Christmas Display Website
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2012, »
Everyone...I think it's important to remember that if you "have to" have the items, most are available in the new store that RJ has opened up for us!  You can get the PCB on there and do your own order from Mouser and complete your boards.  If you want to save some money, Co-Ops are a wonderful way to do this, but you have to remember that Co-Ops are completed by everyday members giving up alot of their free time just to save other members money.  I have been a part of many co-ops and appreciate the efforts that they do.  I know RJ and his father did a 600 until LE Co-Op last year.  I ordered five kits from that Co-Op and when I received my order and I looked at it and thought about how long it must have took to separate out all those pieces for me, let alone the other 595 kits!  Thank you to all the Co-Op managers for the endless hours you take to save us all some money!  To those that are needing things, patience is a virtue and RJ is trying to do everything possible to make it fair and fun for everyone.  Please don't get frustrated at anyone, you always have options available to you...though you might not like the additional cost, that is a choice you have to make.

Duane

Offline bassmants

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2012, »
I missed it too, but I am not complaining.  I just hope someday in the future I can help run a coop to give back on the generosity that is evident on this site.

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2012, »
I missed it too, but I am not complaining.  I just hope someday in the future I can help run a coop to give back on the generosity that is evident on this site.
SAME HERE!!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline Titus

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2012, »
I would like to say thanks to all the co op managers and everyone thats involved in them, ith that said everyone needs to remember that there are onnly a few doing the co ops and all the work. This is why its so cheep to buy this things, so it takes time and also theres 3100 members now and im sure Rj is running ragged. as  the co op managers. Just remember its only Jan. and theres been 2 co ops already. Im sure there will be lots to come just be patient. Im new and just made the first co op and was wow that went fast. But ive been reading and wating whats been joing on and must say with out Rj and the rest this wouldnt be possible.
What he said.

Offline rimist

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2012, »
Thanks to all those who continue to take their own personal time and donate it to help the rest of us save money, especially when not only do you have to put on countless hours doing the co-op, but you also deal with the (insert explicative here) people who complain rather than waiting for another chance.

To those that complain: RJ just added a bunch of new co-op managers. The question is, how many of them are willing to not only donate time but also put up with your harassment? Would you be willing to deal with that crap? CUT IT OUT!

-Rimist
- Rimist