Author Topic: Ray Wu is asking if this will work for 50/50  (Read 2293 times)

Offline onesmoothhead

• Listen to the Lights New Mexico
Ray Wu is asking if this will work for 50/50
« on: September 13, 2012, »
i am sorry, i met a problem, this pixel module is still available, i was waiting the factory's reply,but today they told me they will not make it anymore,could i use the below one to replace it, which is also TM1804 IC, with 4pcs 5050 smd rgb,same size:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

DLA, I could use your help on this issue.

I think it will be fine, but I wanted to see if you all were on the same page as me.  I  know there could be a color difference, but in my case it will not be an issue. These are the first 50/50 I have ordered. Thank in advance for your input.  Kevin
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, by onesmoothhead »

Offline zwiller

Re: Ray Wu is asking if this will work for 50/50
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, »
They work like 98%.  There is a slight flicker.  However, there is a firmware update forthcoming that just might fix it, but no guarantees.  Maybe since the 3 led square modules are no longer made maybe these will get fixed.  Details: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

It is my understanding there are quite a few of us that like and have these modules too. 

« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, by zwiller »
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline tbone321

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, »
The only issue that you might have is the added current draw of the extra LED in each node.  As long as you stay under the 80 node max you shouldn't have a problem.  If you push it to the max of 80, you might blow a fuse.  I would contact Ray andsee if he can get you the current draw per node.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline onesmoothhead

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, »
I have the request in for the load. I will not be using these in a large capacity.  another concern would be the related link in the Wiki. If the vendor is not building them anymore, should that be noted? Thank you all for the help.

Kevin

Offline sebjsan

• Sebastian from California
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, »
I shouldve bought these a while ago. I was going to use the ones you are trying to get (pixel Module) for my north pole lights. Ill have to go another route.
Sebastian from California

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2012, »
is there anything in particular that you cant just use the approved plastic rectangles?
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline sebjsan

• Sebastian from California
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2012, »
No reason i guess, just dont know how many to order now. I was going to order 3 per pole. Do these have the same output for each. Or do i need 9 of these per pole.
Sebastian from California

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2012, »
the plastic rectangles, and the metal squares use the same chip, have the same number of leds. the only difference is the shape. the metal squares have the 3 led in a triangle shape, where the plastic rectangles are in a straight line. each module of either uses three channels (r,g,b) to turn on all three leds. (if the red signal was sent from a ssc, then all three turn red, etc...)  the plastic rectangles are about twice as thick, but i don't know if anybody is putting them behind something they have to worry about thickness.
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline onesmoothhead

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2012, »
I was looking for the triangle shape for my star, but now I may go with the 4 and use diamond shapes.

I thought about the plastic, but they are too long for my needs.

Great ideas!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Offline zwiller

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2012, »
This was a test of how I want to use of these modules.  13 modules, pizza box top, hot glue gun, in no particular order.

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline onesmoothhead

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2012, »

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
This was a test of how I want to use of these modules.  13 modules, pizza box top, hot glue gun, in no particular order.

This is very similar to what I am going to build.  I think it looks great!

Kevin

Offline zwiller

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2012, »
Thanks Kevin.  Remember these 4 led modules aren't 100% yet.  Last night they were really acting up.  Even with the V1 test firmware.  I had a really cool test sequence but they didn't behave with it.   

Offline onesmoothhead

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2012, »
Thanks for the heads up. I just want to play a little with them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD