Author Topic: Setting string start numbers...  (Read 577 times)

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
Setting string start numbers...
« on: July 18, 2013, »
I've asked for this capability before, but I don't know if it was ever addressed directly or through a workaround...
(1) Is there a feature allowing me to set (override) the starting channel for a string?
(2) How are hardware models handled when the pixels in a string span Active Hubs?

The solution to this question, addresses the following:
(a) Strings are in hybrid mode for use by the sequencer software (ie. LSP) but the first pixel should be skipped in my physical model.
(b) I use the first 15 pixels in a string before all of the channels in the current Pixelnet universe are consumed.  I want to use the remaining pixels with the next hub -- this problem is created because Nutcracker assumes that all channels are contiguous.  I want to "skip" channels to line up with the next string.

Suggested "solution":
  • I'd like nutcracker to continue using its wizard to build the string number assignments.  This works well for the smaller models, and for the standard layouts.
  • I'd like the ability to upload the channel numbers (maybe built by a script or an excel spreadsheet) and overload what the wizard has prepared...  replacing a well-defined XML file is good too!
  • Or, I'd like the ability to define for each string the starting number and the direction (increasing -- 1=>n; or decreasing -- n=>1)  This might help with panels.
  • And for even greater value, I'd like to specify 3D start and end coordinates  (x1,y1,z1) (x2,y2,z2) and have nutcracker automatically space out the pixels across that straight line.  This feature would allow me to define my simpler odd-ball elements like star bursts.

Assigning the start number for each string will allow the hybrid channels to be skipped, and also deal with the boundary conditions across universes.  Is it easily done? :)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro