Author Topic: Un-expected news  (Read 1631 times)

Offline therealbigjim

Un-expected news
« on: June 22, 2014, »
Well I am sitting in the heart wing of the local hospital and was told that I will have a quintuple (5) bi-pass surgery tomorrow.  Yesterday I was doing yard word work and got a call from my Doctor about an abnormal blood test and he wanted me to see the heart Doctor. I went to the ER and 45 min later I was having a heart cath. I have 5  blockages at 80- 90 %. I thought I was pretty healthy just a little tired lately with some acid reflux problems. Anyway I know Sean went through heart surgery last year and it was not what I was expecting at 49. On the better side I did not have a heart attack and am expected it make a full recovery, and in a week or two I guess I will have some time for sequencing...
"If you want more lights sell that old mustang"
        You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: Un-expected news
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2014, »
Wow Jim

Our thoughts and prayers for you having a quick and full recovery.

My dad had a quad by-pass in 2012 and is doing great.

Take care and let us know how you are doing when you can.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline tomwb301

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2014, »
Hang in there Jim.

My father in-law had the same thing and is doing great.  At least you caught it before anything bad happen.

Good luck with your surgery.
Tom
Humble, Texas

Offline smeighan

• Patron Member
    • Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2014, »
Hood luck. I had a quad, no symptoms. I am so glad they found it. All four of my arteries were 85-95% blocked.
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline t.jo13

• Coop Manager
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2014, »
Best wishes to you and a speedy recovery 

Joe

Offline PJNMCT

• Patron Member
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2014, »
Yeah, that kind of news is never expected...
Wish you the best Jim.

-Paul
Leesburg, FL

Offline arw01

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2014, »
Well good luck to you and we look forward to that sequencing..

What is they are finding that causes them to look?  Don't have the stamia I had before, but my blood pressure is low, and has always been that way.  Get the wellness checks done each year..

Alan

Offline dmaccole

• PacificaLights.info
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2014, »
Jim:

Since the citations for other bypasses are relatively recent, take my wife (Please! Bada-bump!).

In late 1996 Shirleen had shoulder/arm pain, jaw pain and a variety of other ailments that in a man would have sent her straight to the OR for a bypass. Since this was a long time ago (medicine-wise), they told her it was work-related stress or some other BS.

Anyway, finally persuaded a heart doc to look around and he booked her into the OR with only three days warning. She had a quintuple in February 1997 and five weeks later we flew to NYC for a long-planned vacation, no problem.

Her current cardiologist thinks she's doing great, 17 years later. This week she's on a business trip to Switzerland and Germany, walking all over the place.

Her only complaint: the scar on her leg still itches.

HTH.

\dmc

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2014, »
Glad they caught it, god speed in your recovery and I will add you in my prayers.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline therealbigjim

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2014, »
Thank you all. I will be back in a week or so,  the worst thing now is the wait and the blood draws they seem to need every 15 mins.
"If you want more lights sell that old mustang"

Offline drlucas

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2014, »
Glad they were able to detect it and good for you to get the blood work done regularly and catching this before it caught you. Wishing you a speedy recovery and hoping you'll be 110% come November when it's time to put up the lights!!
-Ryan Lucas-
- Pickering, Ontario, Canada, Eh?! -

Offline mms

• Like us on Facebook for special content and year-round updates.
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2014, »
DANG!  Sending good thoughts your way!
Like us on Facebook for special content and year-round updates: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Voice-over Inquiries:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline pk

• Patron Member
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2014, »
Wishing you all the best

Offline smeighan

• Patron Member
    • Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2014, »
Well I am sitting in the heart wing of the local hospital and was told that I will have a quintuple (5) bi-pass surgery tomorrow.  Yesterday I was doing yard word work and got a call from my Doctor about an abnormal blood test and he wanted me to see the heart Doctor. I went to the ER and 45 min later I was having a heart cath. I have 5  blockages at 80- 90 %. I thought I was pretty healthy just a little tired lately with some acid reflux problems. Anyway I know Sean went through heart surgery last year and it was not what I was expecting at 49. On the better side I did not have a heart attack and am expected it make a full recovery, and in a week or two I guess I will have some time for sequencing...

hug your heart pillow.
I remember the first week or so after my quad bypass, if you cough you know it , They had me up and walking on the second day.

you and i are very lucky that it was found. My cardiologist said i probably would not have made it through one more year if i had not had my CABG (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login)

In a few days is my 9th month. I do not get out of breath on hikes (my only symptom before), i also can play the flute and piccolo longer on a single breath.

again, best of luck

sean

Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2014, »
my dad had a quad at age 39 -- 37 years ago -- and he's still doing great.

best of luck, jim!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro