Author Topic: JST Connectors  (Read 892 times)

Offline MSL

• So many lights, so little time!
    • 26streetlights
JST Connectors
« on: July 20, 2014, »
Has anyone used the JST connectors in their setup on the RGB strings (ebay link below)? They say they are water proof and look like they won't come apart.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

What do you think? What do you use?

Mark
Holiday Lights in Plantation, Florida

Over 20,000 LED and RGB lights. We currently are running 3020 channels (320 Lynx Express / 2700 RGB Zeus and Smart String channels / 3 Aethers II).

Our show can be seen on You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline arw01

Re: JST Connectors
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, »
well I use them in a few things, they sure the heck are NOT waterproof, they have the no real seal at the wires, but if you kept them right out of direct water they could do fine.  I have a whole bunch of them, can take you some close up photos of them together so you can see better.

Alan

Offline meman

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, »
Good price on them. And a little squirt of silicone/dielectric grease even makes vampire plugs waterproof. I use this stuff on everything...a little messy during tear down, but it keeps the breakers from tripping during the constant Florida rains.

Mike E.

Offline MSL

• 26streetlights
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, »
Thanks for the response Alan, they did not look like they were water proof. They do look like the best connector (in that price range) available. There is another type that does not have the clip to hold the male/female together; it looks like it would pull apart. I have enough trouble with my show, I don't need to track down connectors pulling apart. Do you use three or four wire plugs?

Mike, When I first got into LED's about 7 years ago the electrodes attached to the LED were made from a material that would rust. I lost a few dozen strings because the electrodes rusted off while in storage over the summer. In order to save them I took each bulb out the next season and squirted silicone/dielectric grease into each socket. I bought that stuff by the 5 gallon bucket. Works great. Never tried it on my plugs (will this season). Thanks for the tip.

Mark

Over 20,000 LED and RGB lights. We currently are running 3020 channels (320 Lynx Express / 2700 RGB Zeus and Smart String channels / 3 Aethers II).

Offline tbone321

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, »
Is $5.99 the price per connector?
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline MSL

• 26streetlights
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2014, »
The $5.99 price was for 5 male/female pairs. This was high. I have seen them sell for as low as .25 cents per pair / free shipping.

Mark