Author Topic: CG1500 mounting question  (Read 2377 times)

Offline bassmants

CG1500 mounting question
« on: March 30, 2012, »
How do you guys mount the boxes outside?  I noticed the CG1500 has places to screw through and a place you could use zip ties or hose clamps, but each way you would have to make a pentetration through the box possibly letting water in.  I think the best way is to have it upright not laying down because of how the cords come out.  Ideas/suggestions?  Thanks.

Offline njKeever

Re: CG1500 mounting question
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, »
Searched "mount" in the Express forum and got these on the first page of results:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, »
i've used wooden garden stakes from lowes, and drilled just the two top through holes into the stakes.

then a little silicone around the hole i just made, and they are good for the season.
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline bassmants

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, »
Great!  Thanks.

Offline dpitts

• Restrictive
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, »
I mount a piece of plywood to back by just screwing through 4 holes from the inside. I then mount two 24 inch long 3/4 PVC pipes to the plywood with metal pipe clamps.  I drive two 3/8 rebar into ground and slip the PVC mounted to case over rebar. This allows case to be off the ground at least a foot. I do not worry to much about sealing the four holes to mount plywood because it never rains in Nov or Dec here in Colorado.

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2012, »
this is what I did and then just put rebar in the ground and slid on LE
Jeff

Offline bassmants

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2012, »
Very nice Lineman.  Thanks for all the input everyone.

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2012, »
Lineman's always a showoff!   ;D
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline OkieJay

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2012, »
I have a rather elaborate method of mounting mine outside, I like to think it is almost theft proof.  Serious overkill considering I live in a nice neighborhood in a nice small town and had never had any problems with thieves.  I guess it is because I have so much time and money invested in the Expresses I want to do everything I can to protect them.  If any one is interested, I will take photos and write out a detailed explanation.  Just post a request and I will get it done.   

Offline urthegman

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2012, »
I for one would LOVE to see it!!!!

Offline rfallatt

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2012, »
Post ... As requested... Please tell and show

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2012, »
I drilled small ~ 1/8" horizontal holes in the stand-offs on the rear of the case, with the holes parallel to the back of the case ... so no
penetration of the case is made (thus no sealing needed) ... then just ran some small gauge wire through those holes to attach the case to the nearby display items.  Worked great and those wires are dirt cheap and you can attach the wires to anything (a pole, a tree, a t-post, rebar, a stand).

I literally did this out of haste (and for raw speed of installation, since it was snowing and about 0 degrees before windchill) ... but in retrospect ... I'd always do it this way again ... super easy, dirt cheap, fast and flexible.  Toss the wire at the end if you want.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline Mike Hill

• Here to learn
CG1500 mounting question
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2012, »
Theft is an issue here.  I for one would like to see pictures.  Last year I had everything behind the fence, had to use a heck of a lot of extension cords because of this....

Any suggestions would be great.  I was planning on putting units in locked tool boxes this year....again, a lot of cost.
Mike Hill
First display date 11-2011
"Never explain your actions, your enemies don't believe it and your friends don't need it."