Author Topic: Re Programming PicKit 3  (Read 9828 times)

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Re: Re Programming PicKit 3
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2011, »
I bought a pickit3 also since some new chips the pickit2 does not work on. But since I was putting in an order to mouser I got it from there. It is not been open yet but now I wonder if it will have the same issue?

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline gforman

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2011, »
I got mine from JC systems on EBay and have had no problems, other than learning how to use it.

the only way to tell if your Pickit3 has a problem is hook it up.

hopefully we will get Blinky working in Modesto this afternoon.

:)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, by gforman »
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"
  Thomas Edison

Offline ILOVETOTRYDIY

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2011, »
Ok, so my PicKit is fine, worked on Glen's computer 7 OS.  It won't work on my Vista ( gives 0038 error) weird but at least I know now what is up.  Going to try to install on my hubby's laptop when he gets home.
When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do.  Walter Elias Disney

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2011, »
i'll look at it tonight with mine...  you running vista 32bit? 64bit?  home? ultimate?
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline ILOVETOTRYDIY

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2011, »
Home Premium 64 bit. 
It worked on my husbands laptop at least I know I can program now  :D
When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do.  Walter Elias Disney

Offline gforman

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2011, »
Looks like you are up and running, and have a backup plan until the issue with your computer is resolved,

Glad to help

Glen :)
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"
  Thomas Edison

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2011, »
I installed Vista Home Premium 64 bit on a test machine...  turned off UAC, plugged in a pickit 3, then installed the pic3 programmer. I set up my PIC18f1220 in the ISCP 20A adapter using the D jumpers, and making sure i set pin 1 where pin1 should be for 18pin PICs. I picked the 18f1220 from the drop down list in the programmer, and tried to read the chip. It reads it fine. I was also able to erase the PIC, and re flash the PIC with the SSR4 hex file.

I didnt see any error messages...   is your computer a laptop, or desktop? have you tried a different USB port (front of desktop, or back; left of laptop, or right)
also, my pickit shows up in device manager as a HID-compliant device, and a USB Human Interface Device.  check to see if yours are fine, or having an issue (different icon than the category that it's in (Human Interface Devices)
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!