Author Topic: Thank you RJ, JJ, and families!  (Read 1228 times)

Offline JoeFromOzarks

• Patron Member
Thank you RJ, JJ, and families!
« on: January 30, 2010, »
RJ and JJ and families, what you do cannot be expressed in writing; still, I wish to say a graceful thank-you from deep within my heart, and from all of the hearts of the members of DLA.     

May each successful solder joint display our gratefulness and gratitude, and each repaired solder joint reflect your diligence towards perfection.  I truly hope you enjoy our accomplishments as much as we do!!  Sincerely, I thank you all!

joe
"If it was easy, everybody would be doin' it!!!"        :)

Offline trekster

• A Lynx Express Device........ Fascinating! ;
    • My 2010 Videos
Re: Thank you RJ, JJ, and families!
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, »
I second that.  I signed up here 2 months ago.  Don't know R.J. or anyone else but one guy.  I did meet one member.  Everyone here is so nice and helpful.  Questions answered, parts ordered, mailed me a dongle board at cost.  I hope I can repay he and the others here somehow someday.  I guess it will be like the movie "Pay It Forward".  You have to help the next guy.

I know sounds kind of corny. ::)

Ron
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, by trekster »
My 2010 Videos
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Rainlover

• Coop Admin
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, »
I am new around here too. I am totally amazed at the camaraderie and passion that is displayed on this forum. I can't imagine how much work RJ and JJ put in to help us out and get us these great deals. There is no way to say thank you enough.
I have read almost all of the forum pages and have never seen anyone get flamed or bashed. The mods and admins are doing a fantastic job.
I know what Ron means when he says it sounds corny but I know exactly how he feels

I can't wait for Christmas time.

John
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!

Offline coachers

• Coachers
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2010, »
 I can not get over the huge endeavor you guys placed yourselves for our benefit. I am in awe of your commitment and I thank you.

Funny, when I saw that RJ started the Dongle coop right after the LE had just ended. Knowing he had  500+ boards and parts to still to deal with........ I thought to myself, "This one crazy cat,,,,, must be a lynx!"

« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, by coachers »
May you have Good Health...
Great Wealth.....
And your stein never be empty.

Offline WWNF911

• Patron Member
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I guess it will be like the movie "Pay It Forward".  You have to help the next guy.

I know sounds kind of corny. ::)

Ron

Not corny at all. I too have experienced this kind of extreme generosity. I can't explain it but know that it only makes you feel like the next time you get the chance,... you just gotta give back. Least thats what happened to me. I've been able to help a few now and then and each time I've asked to just pay it forward. It's really contagious and I think thats why things around here feel more like a family who cares that just another forum. (My 2 cents)
My contributions seem tiny compared to the heavy hitters around here. To those guys,...I jump on the band wagon and say a huge THANKYOU!!!

I really appreciate all the hard work and sacrifice.  :)

Leon
Leon

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2010, »
Thanks Guys,

It's JJ that does the hard work on the express coops I just help a little.

As far as the rest of the comments,

THANKS!

That is what DLA was created to be. A place to share and help each other be successful in light animation. A Place where everyone even new members are not afriad to post due to fear of being flamed or made to look dumb. Where they know the forum staff does not tolerate such behaivor at any level. Where all the members fell equal even if they are not techincally inclined in electronics.

But I would not ever want to point out that it is not just my family that makes this place what it is,  two other groups also are required:

The Staff - with out the guys pulling the strings hard in the background this place would fall apart! I can not help every member who has a question or watch all the threads for spam or members in need of guidence on behavior. I also can not keep up the wiki and create such great manuals. These guys make it happen!

The Members - To have a great board takes great people and we have the best. All we can do is create a place that we hope attracts the right people and hope they come. You Did!!!

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying