Author Topic: NC model for a coroflake  (Read 892 times)

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
NC model for a coroflake
« on: July 25, 2013, »
Is NC now at a point where custom models can be added?

Would NC have much value for a coroflake? 

The flakes look sharp as the arms swing around, or as pixels of light wind their way around the flake.

Here is an example: [size=78%]You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login[/size]

Here is the layout of my pixels across the individual 46" flakes:  [/size][size=78%](50 smart pixels, with 10 pixels per arm -- 5 arms)[/size]

I'm starting to think that NC may not be a great fit.  I'll have 7 of these in the show, and having the effects span individual flakes would be my goal.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline combustionmark

Re: NC model for a coroflake
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, »
I think a 5x10 matrix should work good. The effects can move center out, and rotate around. May have to play with pixel arrangement.

My thinking
existing     new
1              4
2              8
3              10
4              9
5              5
6              7
7              6
8              3
9              2
10            1
Have Fun!

Offline smeighan

• Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2013, »
Frankr and I are talking about how to address models like this. You will find there is a new option in ver 23 in the models screen. Besides Mtree 360,180, horiz matrix, vert matrix,, there is now a custom model.

we are not done with it (Or rather, frank is not done with it), but very soon we will be able to model radial models (snowflake, stars, combustionmark star).

Frank is also goign to make it so you can paste from Excel into the custo model screen.

Exciting stuff, glad frank is on board.

Both Frank and MAtt helping is why the releases have increased so much. There is just lots of new content being added.

thanks
sean
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2013, »
That is GREAT news!

I now have 6 coroflakes completed -- hanging on the wall, and should complete the final 3 in just another couple days.  Looking forward to throwing NC at these and taking some video!   >.d9
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro