Author Topic: Newbie Needs Help  (Read 716 times)

Offline mmais68569

Newbie Needs Help
« on: July 28, 2010, »
Hi All

I am new to the DIY line of controlling lights but have used LOR for 3 years.
My question is:
 I would like to use a DIY controller for everyday landscape lighting. I want a controller that I can program & not have a computer hooked up all the time. I also would like to use the new RBG floods & spots so I guess I need the MR16 controller.
Just give me a list of everything I need to complete this project.

Thanks        Mike

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: Newbie Needs Help
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, »
Hi Mike

Currently none of the Lynx hardware have on-board storage of data so they need data coming in from a computer  or a record and play device. The Lynx Conductor will be a record and play device but that is still in the alpha/beta stage.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline austindave

Re: Newbie Needs Help
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hi Mike

Currently none of the Lynx hardware have on-board storage of data so they need data coming in from a computer  or a record and play device. The Lynx Conductor will be a record and play device but that is still in the alpha/beta stage.

Rick R.

Mike,

The Aether (coop just closed) is an adjustable LED flood / spot light that provides an option to have full white light output without a DMX signal at all. Flipping a switch on the light will return it to full DMX RGB control (at which point, a computer/dongle will be needed to provide control signals).

Hope this helps.

--Dave
Austin, Texas - "BubbaLand"