Hardware > Lynx Freestyle

Troubleshooting questions

(1/4) > >>

Muskogee Gene:
I am working my way thru the troubleshooting part of the manual.
Step 1 was good but I am confused on Step 2.  In checking the left side of the 15k (formerly 27k) resistor where does the other lead touch?

JoeFromOzarks:
Referencing the component side of the board, the left side of the 15K goes to pin5 of the H11AA1 and to pin21 of the 18F2455. 

The right side of the 15K goes to +5V rail, the 100uF electrolytic cap and 78S05.  (The right side of the 15k should be the same voltage checked in step 1.)

What troubles are you having?

:) joe

Muskogee Gene:
Thanks Joe.  The FS does nothing.  If it has been unplugged for a while, the lights will blink when it is plugged in.  Otherwise, no response.  I also built a dongle and I think it is working, though I don't have a way to really test it other than watching the LEDs blink and change with power level changes in Vixen.

tbone321:
Did you load the firmware?

chrisatpsu:
stated in Step 1 of the manual

From this point on the measurements all will be done with the negative probe left on the top location which is ground for the digital circuits.

so for step 2, to measure voltage

keep the negative probe from the meter where it was for step 1

check the positive on the left side of the that resistor on the other side of the board near the fuse (not the big resistors) don't touch the fuse either, as you might get shocked, or fry your meter.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version