Software > xlights

xLights Hardware Suport

<< < (3/3)

mmulvenna:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginBeside the AL question above I have a question on using Renards in a wireless environment.

It is my understand that the parity needs to be "mark" and it requires 2 stop bits. I suspect I am missing it but how do I set that In Xlites network setup.

Also since it uses addressable firmware will xlites handle it properly? I would suspect it does but just want to verify.

--- End quote ---

I have only tested xLights with standard Renard (non-addressable) firmware. Doesn't mean it won't work with addressable firmware, I just don't think anyone has tried it.

When transmitting to a Renard network, xLights automatically configures the port for 2 stop bits, no parity. These options are not configurable in xLights.

Matt

--- End quote ---

It is my understanding that renard addressable wireless must have mark parity. LSP actually had to be changed to configure this setting in order for the wireless addressable to work

budude:
You have to ensure the web server is disabled or you will get no light activity on the 4th socket (which is defaulted to universe #4 as well). Either reconfigure the E680/1 to disable the web server or shorten the timeout. You can disable it manually by entering "QUIT 999" on the web GUI. The red LED on the E680 indicates if the web server is active - this must be off to run traffic to this 4th socket.

angus40:
You can add the renard 48lsd to the list of working with xlights

Win 7 ultimate 64

prolific usb-rs-232 dongle with db9-rj-45 converter

Thanks for this software , here is xlights  workin its magic .

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version