Software > xlights

xLights Hardware Suport

<< < (2/3) > >>

mmulvenna:
Beside the AL question above I have a question on using Renards in a wireless environment.

It is my understand that the parity needs to be "mark" and it requires 2 stop bits. I suspect I am missing it but how do I set that In Xlites network setup.

Also since it uses addressable firmware will xlites handle it properly? I would suspect it does but just want to verify.

deanathpc:
I'll add my $0.02 here...

Windows XP SP3 on a Dell Inspiron 9300 (yeah it's old)
1 Lynx dongles
9 Lynx Express (no wireless for this display)
144 channels (give or take)

Dean

dowdybrown:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginI apologize if this has been asked and answered but I could not find it. Will Xlights support Animated LIghting harware?

--- End quote ---

Only if it is one of the AL products that understands DMX. xLights does not support the AL protocol.

Matt

dowdybrown:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginBeside the AL question above I have a question on using Renards in a wireless environment.

It is my understand that the parity needs to be "mark" and it requires 2 stop bits. I suspect I am missing it but how do I set that In Xlites network setup.

Also since it uses addressable firmware will xlites handle it properly? I would suspect it does but just want to verify.

--- End quote ---

I have only tested xLights with standard Renard (non-addressable) firmware. Doesn't mean it won't work with addressable firmware, I just don't think anyone has tried it.

When transmitting to a Renard network, xLights automatically configures the port for 2 stop bits, no parity. These options are not configurable in xLights.

Matt

SCUBA:
THIS IS A RE_POST FROM ANOTHER FORUM within Xlights.....

I could use a little help with Xlights.  12 LSP files converted to .lms files, then I ran the setnet scripts to modify the network settings:

networks = [{'stIndex':0,'endIndex':47, 'net':0},
                {'stIndex':48,'endIndex':479, 'net':1},
                {'stIndex':480,'endIndex':911, 'net':2},
                {'stIndex':912,'endIndex':1343, 'net':3},
                {'stIndex':1344,'endIndex':1487, 'net':4},]

Where the first 48 channels are LOR; 3-16 channel box units 1-3 and the next four are a single E680 E1.31 with 4 universes; 3 universes with 432 channels (144 pixels) each, and the last universe has 144 channels.

A view of the converted files shows network="0" for the LOR boxes; the the Network="..." for the four universes in 'proper order'.  looks good!

Xlights:
Network setup:

Network type      Port           Baud or universe        Last Channel

LOR                    COM3               57600                       48
E131                    239.255.0.1           1                          432
E131                    239.255.0.2           2                          432
E131                    239.255.0.3           3                          432
E131                    239.255.0.4           4                          432

All looks good?

Make a test playlist: 'all lights on' (it's one of the LMS files I converted).  Play the file; everything lights up except for the last universe (4).  No lights.  If I run Lighting Test....I can light up the last Universe and everything else for that matter.  But the sequences will not 'run' universe 4.

Long story..... Must of screwed something up in the long conversion process..

Your Thoughts!!

John

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version