Author Topic: Merry Christmas letters 2.0  (Read 5878 times)

Offline tbone321

Re: Merry Christmas letters 2.0
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2013, »
That really sounds like second rate connectors.  You may want to try cleaning them with a good contact cleaner to make sure that the contacts are not coated with something to prevent corrosion at the cost of conduction or just a film of crap from shipping.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline therealbigjim

« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2013, »
....more trigger pulling today, ordered lights from Ray....stand by for pics of the first new letters.
"If you want more lights sell that old mustang"
        You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline drlucas

« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2013, »
....nice! can't wait to see.
-Ryan Lucas-
- Pickering, Ontario, Canada, Eh?! -

Offline therealbigjim

« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2013, »
The test. 9 dumb 3 LED rectangles vs 200 incans

And some stills.

Offline drlucas

« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2013, »
Are they the same lights as you have in your coroflake? I put in 66 dumb 12mm nodes inside my homemade corostar and I'm sort of OK with the dispersement of the light....but i think those rectangles do a much better job. I guess I'll have to see what it looks like when I get it outside. I've uploaded what my star looks like You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login on my vimeo site. Anyways, if I had to vote I'd go with the dumb nodes on your S only because of the real slick 3d walls on that lettering. it looks top notch. Wish my exacto knife was as smooth as yours  :D
-Ryan Lucas-
- Pickering, Ontario, Canada, Eh?! -

Offline therealbigjim

« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2013, »
It was like Christmas day for a little while today. Ray came through and my order came into the local DHL hub. I checked my order and instead of 11- 100 count 12v dumb strings he sent 11- 100 count IC 2811 strings....... I checked my ALI order and I did order the right dump nodes from the WIKI.  I hope it can be resolved quickly.

Offline MAnthony

• I'm so broke, I cant pay attention!!
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2013, »
Tbone, you could build a shed with 14' ceiling and then put them in... lol
If you say you can't, you never will,
If you say you can, you already have.

Sign hanging above my office door 'don't bother coming in, you already annoy me'

Offline loveroflife96

• Coop Manager
  • Brandon Christmas 2010
    • My Christmas Display Website
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2013, »
It was like Christmas day for a little while today. Ray came through and my order came into the local DHL hub. I checked my order and instead of 11- 100 count 12v dumb strings he sent 11- 100 count IC 2811 strings....... I checked my ALI order and I did order the right dump nodes from the WIKI.  I hope it can be resolved quickly.

If they are 12V, I think the 2811 strings will work with the SSC as long as their frequency is 800mhz.  Might check with Ray on the data sheet for these.  He may also work out a deal with you to resell these within the states and take part of the loss of shipment rather than shipping back and forth.  He should work out with you...he's been great to everyone here on the forum so far, see no need for him to change now.

Duane

Offline zwiller

« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2013, »
I agree with Duane.  I might be interested in them if you work something out with Ray.  I haven't placed my last order for the year yet...  Just a thought.   
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline therealbigjim

« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2013, »
The 2811 strings cost twice as much as the dumb stuff I ordered. I let Ray know he gave me the wrong strings. He is sending me the strings I ordered and asked if I would send the strings to another customer.  It seems Ray is honest with us so I did as he asked and I am waiting to see if he covers the shipping cost as he said he would.
Altho now I have a new delima.....I have never used any of the smartstring equipment I have build over the last two years. My DMX dongle and clock have worked well but I have never had any smart pixels to test or use. So now I have an ETD active hub and some assembled V1 SSC that may or may not work. So while I wait for my dumb strings I will be fooling with firing up my past projects.