Author Topic: Newb Question...When do Coops start?  (Read 4061 times)

Offline jstevens

• Professional Net Lurker
Re: Newb Question...When do Coops start?
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Yes, I am a newb on here, but therefore I am eager!  :)  When should I expect coops to start up?  Can a newb like me help organize one?  Otherwise, I would be happy to buy into one.

Just anxiously waiting down here...

Chris

I don't see your screen name in the "ordered" list, so just in case you (or others) are having an issue finding the group buy ....You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I currently have enough AC channels for now, so I won't be in on this one.

Offline elcommandante

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2013, »
So why did I get notified about this post but not the real coop?  Anyone have any ideas? I don't want to miss any more.

Thanks.

In the Coop window up in the right hand corner there will be a box that you can select to Notify you in that area. Then anytime there is a change in the coops you will be notified.

I have that selected. I was notified when the OP posted originally in the Coop forum but was not notified when the Coop went live. I don't need any AC channels right now, but don't want to miss a coop I'm waiting for. Does anyone have a clue why this happened?

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2013, »

I have that selected. I was notified when the OP posted originally in the Coop forum but was not notified when the Coop went live. I don't need any AC channels right now, but don't want to miss a coop I'm waiting for. Does anyone have a clue why this happened?

I believe that it will only notify you once unless you go in and look at it, but I am not sure about that. I know that for me it is that way. It my be a setting in your personal preferences.

Offline elcommandante

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2013, »

I believe that it will only notify you once unless you go in and look at it, but I am not sure about that. I know that for me it is that way. It my be a setting in your personal preferences.

I did go look at it. I've since changed from a yahoo email to a gmail account. Maybe that will work.

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2013, »
You might try TapaTalk on your phone. you won't miss anything that way.

Offline JonB256

• My website
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2013, »
I'll give Tapatalk a +5

Offline keitha43

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2013, »
You might try TapaTalk on your phone. you won't miss anything that way.
Tapatalk also didn't notify me. I just saw it because I log in several times a day to read posts.

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2013, »
Tapatalk also didn't notify me. I just saw it because I log in several times a day to read posts.

That is odd. I actually get annoyed at times because it is going off so much. I have it set that way so I don't miss anything....which has sometimes backfired because it goes off so much sometimes I ignore it.  <fp.

Offline ghethco

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2013, »
What I'm wondering is why the current LE coop is still open.  Looks like in past years it has closed much faster.

Gary

sjb

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2013, »
I believe that it is because a lot of the existing members have been slowly going over to LED nodes or flexstrip and will be waiting for the smart string and hubs coops. This leaves the Lynx Express coop a little less competitive. IMHO

Steve

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2013, »
well, in the past it was limited to 100 units...  If that were the case now, it would have been closed by now.
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2013, »
What I'm wondering is why the current LE coop is still open.  Looks like in past years it has closed much faster.

Gary

It will be closed after tomorrow!  ;) I personally only ordered because I am slowly fading out my LOR controllers. I too am going RGB on everything new.

Offline smeighan

• Patron Member
    • Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2013, »

Gary

I think many people got their LE's last year. Kurt opened coop for 250. People are switching to RGB.

I have 6 LE's from last year. I used 3 of them, i may use the other 3 this year. I find that when using LE's, you need alot of spt2 cable. 96 channels, 96 cables. Setting up with SSC or DCS's and you pretty much are just running a few cat5 cables.

This last year I had 12,100 channels, 22 channels were LE, 12 channels were Aether II's, the rest were smart rgb,

i will continue adding mostly SSC and DSC devices this year. I may go over the 16K channel limit and need to get a second ether dongle. You do use up channels fast with RGB

thanks
sean
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
    • Lost Weekend Productions
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2013, »
I have gotten a lot of questions about why the Lynx Express COOP didn't close faster.  Jeez, do you guys really care how fast it closes?  What difference does 5 days make in a process that takes 3-4 months to complete.  I opened it up with a larger count level so that we can get everyone in that needs/wants a Lynx Express.  In the past, if you didn't get in within the first 100, you didn't get what you needed and had to wait 2-3 months before the next COOP.  I didn't like the fact that people were waiting on pins and needles to get into the COOP for fear of it closing within hours of opening.  Thus the bump in accepted counts to 250.  I think it is fair. 

I am not complaining or angry or any other emotion you want to read into my message.  I am just explaining the rationale behind the 250 and for wanting to 'go the distance' as far as the close date.  I am sure other COOP managers will run things differently than I and will run things with the idea to close the COOP within hours of open.

I think the reasons this didn't close faster were due to -- as stated above -- people switching to RGB and the high accepted order count.  I am comfortable with this as the COOP manager as there are over 90 people who are in need and their needs will be met by the COOP.  That is good enough for me!

Kurt
------
Visit at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2013, »
Kurt,

I appreciate your running yet another coop.  Excellent job, as usual -- and the large quantity of 250 was the right size to make sure that everyone that needs one has the opportunity.  Hopefully, plenty of extra PCBs and heat syncs will be created for the store -- I think having fewer coops is certainly an option if people get the chance to buy from the store throughout the year.

I agree with Sean, that many people are shifting to RGB.  I think the folks looking at LEs are newer people using store-bought strings, and converts from LOR looking to upsize their shows.  Also, like Sean, I purchased a number of LE kits and didn't use them all last year.  I have about 8 kits to assemble yet.

(But, because my wife likes arches, I plan to move my older strings of LED lights to become arches and will use nearly all of the LE controllers for that purpose in the coming year.)

Thanks, again!!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro