Author Topic: multi coop  (Read 961 times)

Offline kernal

multi coop
« on: January 30, 2013, »
Anybody have plans or thoughts of dokng a multi coop like last year?  Would love to be able to get a lot in one shot to keep orders together!  There are a lot of newbies (like myself) that have joined and need to get my fix!!!    >.d9  haha
My license plate says blinky.

Offline tbone321

Re: multi coop
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, »
I don't recall there ever being a multi-coop.  Single item coops are hard enough.  What is offered in any coop is up to the coop manager after appoval from RJ.  There are times during smart string coops when more than one board of similar type may be offered but that is more the exception to the rule.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, »
I thought the same... Then I recalled the smart string coop with hubs, sscs, and combiners.

Then, I recalled the trigger, slave and conductor coop.

More of theme coops, but I agree they are very nice when trying to build from ground zero!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline tbone321

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, »
As for the first coop that you mentioned, that is the smart string stuff and IIRC, that was the first smart string coops and that coop manager hasn't done another coop since but even if I'm mistaken, the hub is useless without some controllers to connect to it and combiners and SSC's are simple boards.  As for the second coop, there is little difference between the conductor and the slave, just less parts on the slave (same board), so there is not much more effort to offer both and the trigger only works with the Conductor and is also a simple board.  Doing a coop with the Express, the SSR4, wirelesss, and some DX splitters would be great for the beginner but would be the coop from hell for the coop manager.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline ghethco

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, »
Is there a post somewhere on what it takes to be a coop manager?  I'm sure there is more to it than some of us imagine.  I haven't seen such a post, but maybe I'm not looking in the right place.

Gary

sjb

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Is there a post somewhere on what it takes to be a coop manager?  I'm sure there is more to it than some of us imagine.  I haven't seen such a post, but maybe I'm not looking in the right place.

Gary

Coop Managers are assigned by RJ and IMHO the people that RJ has designated are people that have great appreciation and compassion to DLA (I am not saying that there are not a lot of people that are like this), but we can only have so many people to take on this huge project. I also believe that all coops are communicated by the managers and RJ and they are ones that decide on what and when these run. They have a lot of work to do before they even start one as they have to contact all suppliers and confirm and notify them of the quantities. So like I said I believe everything is running better than can be asked for and we all have to be patient as these Managers and RJ are doing it all for nothing but for our enjoyment. Not trying to upset anyone but bottom line is  <res. and Patience

Steve

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, »
We have a full list of Coop Managers at the moment.

Thank you for offering but we are fine at the moment

You can see the list at the top in the Staff list

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required