Author Topic: ever order from Aliexpress?  (Read 1051 times)

Offline chrisl1976

• Lights on Sixth
ever order from Aliexpress?
« on: March 30, 2010, »
curious if anyone has ever ordered from Aliexpress's website. Check online it gets kind of mixed reviews.  I just ordered a couple 12v LED string to test on some stuff.   Great price at $0.97 for 2x24 cm strings.    Just wondering if anyone has had any issues with them. 
Chris

Offline trekster

• A Lynx Express Device........ Fascinating! ;
    • My 2010 Videos
Re: ever order from Aliexpress?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, »
A link to what you bought would be handy?

Ron
My 2010 Videos
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline meman

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, »
Yep, I found that Aliexpress /w Alipay is a great way to safely make new contacts in China since they basically escrow the money and you release the funds once the goods are received here in the States. A growing number of Chinese manufacturers seem to be making low quantity "samples" available this way to build relationships that will result in bulk orders. I met a contact thru Alipay there and am now at a point where I have even transferred money via Western Union to a personal account in China and received my goods. DONT ever do that unless you build up some trust..even then you better be prepared to lose it all in case they are hustling you.

I recently bought 40 of these snowfall lights for about $10 a tube....price seems to be going up every day as more people find out about them.  Here's a hastily made video review of my purchase You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Try as I may, I have not been able to find a Chinese source of full wave LEDs at a price that beats my local Big Lots. During the Holidays, they have 70 count C6 strawberrys for $7 regular price and drop it to $5 on a couple of weekends. Most of stuff on Aliexpress and subsequently ebay are "fairy lights"...totally useless for our needs.

Good Luck and have fun Shopping!
Mike E.

Offline chrisl1976

• Lights on Sixth
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I've found that you really need to do a fair amount research to figure out the specs and other details on these items as they often do not post very much detail on their website.

Try during the morning or late evening hours, I have found some of the vendors available for live chat sessions where they are usually more than willing to email you spec sheets if they have them.  Just use your junk email addy.  
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, by chrisl1976 »
Chris