Author Topic: Problem with Expressees - flickering  (Read 2235 times)

Offline rimist

Re: Problem with Expressees - flickering
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2011, »
I had a thought, although I'm not sure if it is feasible. The Ethernet router I use has antennae connected by BNC that can be replaced with higher gain antennae that can be mounted at a distance from the actual router. Could the same concept be used with the wireless tx?

- Rimist

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
- Rimist

Offline rm357

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2011, »
Not easily.

The V2 units will cover more than a block if there is no interference, so you shouldn't need to go there. If you are having problems in your yard, then there is another issue that needs to be sorted out.

RM
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline inzeos

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2011, »
Dean,

What is your actual set up like right now?  I have some gear I could try and set up a similar scenario.

I believe a lot of our gear would have similar firmware levels and age of equipment along with temperature.

Leif

Offline deanathpc

• Brooks Family Lights
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Dean,

What is your actual set up like right now?  I have some gear I could try and set up a similar scenario.

I believe a lot of our gear would have similar firmware levels and age of equipment along with temperature.

Leif

What exactly do you wish to know about the setup?  Currently nothing is setup as I took it all down on Nov. 2nd.

I do have my mega tree up though.  Well sorta of.  It's upright at this point but I still have to work on getting it placed and tied down correctly.

Yes out gear should be pretty much the same.  Esp. in regards to temps. :)
-------------------
Dean
Check out our web site: 

2011 Light Count: 8,700

[img width= height=]http://www.vixenlights.com/sig/sig_h.php/160.gif[/img]

Offline rm357

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2011, »
It seems like this discussion is on several threads... You may want to try using a different DMX wireless universe. These things operate in the same band as your wifi router - if the frequencies being used by your wifi is too close to the wireless universe you are using, that might be your problem.

RM
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline deanathpc

• Brooks Family Lights
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2011, »
It seems like this discussion is on several threads... You may want to try using a different DMX wireless universe. These things operate in the same band as your wifi router - if the frequencies being used by your wifi is too close to the wireless universe you are using, that might be your problem.

RM

Yup and in this thread I stated I tried all three with no changes in things.
-------------------
Dean
Check out our web site: 

Offline deanathpc

• Brooks Family Lights
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2011, »
O.K. Folks how about this....  Since I do not have the needed hardware maybe someone who does can help....

Who has two (2) TX/RX's ready to go?  If you use one in TX mode and then one in RX mode which is wired to an express will the flicker still occur?  This would help rule out the rx module on an Express.  Would this solve the problem?  Maybe it's just the rx modules for the Express that causes this problem.

I have to TX/RX boards but not the parts for each one yet.  If this solves the problem then I'll just order the parts to populate both TX/RX boards and then I will still be wireless and won't have to worry about a splitter and running a cat 5 cable outside somehow.

Dean
-------------------
Dean
Check out our web site: