Author Topic: RGB floodlight for landscaping  (Read 876 times)

Offline Rogelio

RGB floodlight for landscaping
« on: May 23, 2012, »
My wifes friend would like to install several RGB floodlights for landscaping accent lighting.  She wants high quality lights.  Any recommendations on what type to show her?  They would need to be synchronized to all the same color but without running on a computer.  She was given a quote of $700 per fixture!

Offline meman

Re: RGB floodlight for landscaping
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, »
That price seems pretty obscene. It will probably be a challenge to get them all in sync with off the self plug-n-play product (don't know how many lights/distances we're talking here), but you should be able to get enough stuff directly from china to do the job. Try this link for some ideas...pay close attention to the voltages.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Mike E.

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, »
aether II's  plus the conductor...  ;)  as long as it's a house, it's ok, right?
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline Rogelio

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, »
Yes it is for their house.  But it needs to be pretty much plug and play.  At least for the controller.  I could build the lights.  I dont think the Eather is the right choice for them as a permanent install because the yellow housings are not right for their yard.  Unless they can be put in a different style housing.
Anyone have any experience with any of the China floods?  Or controllers?
I will be checking out floods at the Academy.  I know there is a flood-off somewhere.  looking for results.
Roy

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Yes it is for their house.  But it needs to be pretty much plug and play.  At least for the controller.  I could build the lights.  I dont think the Eather is the right choice for them as a permanent install because the yellow housings are not right for their yard.  Unless they can be put in a different style housing.
Anyone have any experience with any of the China floods?  Or controllers?
I will be checking out floods at the Academy.  I know there is a flood-off somewhere.  looking for results.
Roy
i plan to paint my housing this year to be black.  pick silver, green, brown, or whatever blends well... 
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, »
the biggest challenge would be, how does she want to control the colors, or just want it to be random.

if she wants to be able to just pick the color, then the china floodlights would be best. they usally come with the color chooser remote.
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!