Author Topic: Found new supplier for CG1500 enclosures  (Read 34451 times)

Offline dlhoppe

Found new supplier for CG1500 enclosures
« on: December 16, 2010, »
Thought I would share this info with the group. I just found a supplier for the CG-1500 enclosures. The price for small quantities is $10/unit. I ordered 4 and they indicated the shipping costs will be approx $15. Based on what else I've been able to find online, this is a pretty good deal. I didn't ask about bulk pricing, but it appears they can do that too.

Here is the source:

DF Countryman
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (I could find no provisions for ordering on the web site, had to call)
612-724-4400
Sale Manager: Duke McNaughton

Cheers,
Dave

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
  • Dont' that poster look dusty?
Re: Found new supplier for CG1500 enclosures
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, »
Awesome

Bill

Offline Trepidati0n

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, »
Thanks.
No electrons were harmed during the creation of this thread. All threads are made with 100% recycled electrons. No electrons were discriminated against based upon race, age, religion, or direction of spin. The views in this post may or may not reflect the views of DLA or the views outside my window.

Offline CaptKirk

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, »
Thx- I now have 6 on the way!!
"Beam me up Scotty- there is no intelligent life on this planet."

Offline Gary

• Diamond Crescent
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, »
I was about to ask where to get enclosures since yourbroadbandstore.com isn't what it used to be.

Good I found this thread first.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, »
I was about to ask where to get enclosures since yourbroadbandstore.com isn't what it used to be.

Good I found this thread first.

The wiki bom page has been updated to include the new vendors

Cheers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline Al

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, »
i ordered 12 CG1500
from dfcco.com @ $10 they where on back order but should ship in a week.

seems like the best price

Al

Offline Trepidati0n

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2011, »
Hrm...it might be worth letting htem know that there are 600 LE's that will be needing cases soon.  Might be a way to negotiate "slighlyt" better pricing.
No electrons were harmed during the creation of this thread. All threads are made with 100% recycled electrons. No electrons were discriminated against based upon race, age, religion, or direction of spin. The views in this post may or may not reflect the views of DLA or the views outside my window.

Offline OneHotRT59

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2011, »
Spoke with Duke this afternoon.
They found some in their Texas loacation, and I ordered 6 @10.00 each.
Even if they are not there ( ie backorder), I placed an order for 6 to be shipped to me up in Trevor, Wisconsin.
Waiting for a couple of Express Kits I bought from another DIY'r up north!

Offline Trepidati0n

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2011, »
Are there two Trevors in WI?  The one I know of is near the illinois border.

Offline CaptKirk

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2011, »
I just got 6 delivered yesterday and my one LE is already bolted in and I have homes for the other three LE kits ordered in the COOP plus additions that will inevitably occur!!  Let the fun begin!!

Offline zwiller

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2011, »
CaptKirk,
Was the shipping marked up or was it reasonable?  I keep thinking I will call YBBS and get lucky with one last order...
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline CaptKirk

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2011, »
Well it was a big, reasonably heavy box that showed up.  Total for 6 (with shipping) was 84.17 to CA so  they ended up costing $14 each.  That ain't good.  The interesting thing is that their site says these weigh 14lbs each.  I wonder if we could negociate a "free shipping" deal like we had with YBBS.  BTW: I thought they (Arrisent?) only would do $250 orders now and YBBS was GONE?

Offline barbotte

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2011, »
well i also have another contact for your guys
page 11 they have cg1500 cg2000 ect ..i contact my local graybar in ottawa and they said they can supply them at aprox 10 $ a piece minimun 20 with  free shipping ... i will not need 20 but maybe some of you guy can get together and it could be a good deal
cheer

Offline zwiller

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2011, »
I do think that YBBS is gone but I have a hunch that Arris will jump on any decent size order.  My hunch is that YBBS/Arris got sick of guys calling for 1 of this or that.  I can relate...   I have not stayed on hold long enough to find out yet. 

The shipping figure seems realistic and not marked up.  I think we are just spoiled from the YBBS blue ridge free shipping thing.

That Graybar link looks promising.  Looks like I have several within 1 hour from me.  Maybe I can pick up and that will lower the quantity requirement.   
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."