Author Topic: v1 vs v2 string problem  (Read 748 times)

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
v1 vs v2 string problem
« on: January 12, 2013, »
I've got a problem with one string, issue stays with the string, I've tried a couple v2 ssc on it getting the same results.  I was thinking a bad first node but then thought why not try a v1 ssc and see what I get.  Not sure where to go now and hoping you guys had some thoughts.  I have not completed the v3 mod to any ssc, my show worked great with both v1 and v2 so didn't feel the need at the time.

Here is a video of the string connected to a v2 ssc, as you can see the first node is a color off and you'll notice the whole string is off too (you can see another string on a different ssc below it to compare for what the color should be)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

This is a video of the same string on a v1 ssc and as you can see works perfect. 

Need your thoughts on what you think the problem is.  120 nodes in each string and only testing 2 strings right now.  I've double/tripple checked the start channel and thats ok.  I only have one v1 ssc left so thats the reason trying to get my v2 working.

Thanks
--Todd

Offline keitha43

Re: v1 vs v2 string problem
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, »
Try the v3 mod. Or shorten the length from the ssc to the first node to less than 2 feet for a test.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2.

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, »
Length is only a foot so guess v3 mod.

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, »
So I forgot about my gator clips adding distance before the first node so I was close/over the 2ft mark.  So I stopped being lazy and soldered the connector on the end and what do you know its working great now.   <fp. forgetting about the simple thing made it hard for me.

Thanks