Author Topic: Rays dumb string nodes - power consumption in 12v amps ?  (Read 1323 times)

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
Does anyone know what the amps used on rays current 12v dumb string nodes are ? 

The 100ct nodes listed for the dumb strings in the WIKI ?

Thx in advance.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Dennis Cherry

• Maryville, Tennessee
    • Video's of Computerized Lights
Rays website shows 0.1w per bulb.
2013 videos now available You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
Rays website shows 0.1w per bulb.
It also mentions current of .24.  None of the numbers seems to make a lot of sense.

Since smart pixels are similar, and have a rating of .356w per bulb... I wonder which number is more accurate.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline zwiller

There was some discussion with bad dumb nodes You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login and a figure of 66 nodes to 4A was mentioned.
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
Thanks, wow -- this is kind of discouraging ... because (if true) thats a lot more power than the regular smart strings use (twice?), and the failure rate sounds a lot worse also.  Add in the extra $3-4 cost for a DSC vs. a SSC and I really wonder if dumb string nodes make sense right now.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline zwiller

I am with you.  Hope the issue gets resolved since I plan to replace my incans with dumb rgb this year.   
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline SteveMaris

I was under the impression they used .3 watts each. That is what I used to calculate how many I could use with my MR16's. I did not have a single node fail this year as mentioned in the other thread.

Offline davron12

I was under the impression they used .3 watts each. That is what I used to calculate how many I could use with my MR16's. I did not have a single node fail this year as mentioned in the other thread.

Lucky you