Author Topic: SSC enclosure  (Read 1856 times)

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
Re: SSC enclosure
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2013, »
I posted this in another thread, but i was actually thinking of this one.

here's an idea that would keep all the aspects of the ssc dry (including connectors)

it would come apart in the middle, and you could completely remove the ssc, from the pvc.
this would work better if you made your own cables to come from the bottom trough the end cap

you could also cut a groove into the side of the thinwall pipe (so you can use pre-made cables), with just enough room for the cable to fit past where the end cap comes through

just drill a drain hole in the bottom of the bottom end cap for moisture, water drainage. while leaving the ssc in the top half to stay dry (and also your connectors above the side hole to keep dry.
this is the idea, i'm thinking of trying for next year to keep the sscs dry and just wire tie them to the bottom of each support cable. the 3-5 feet of cat5 cable to the battery box really isn't really a big deal for me. I had my ssc's in extra battery boxes last year, as i just didn't trust my normally made sscs enclosures would keep dry.
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline travailen

Re: SSC enclosure
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2013, »
This is how I ran my 6 arches and my 32 candy canes this year. Zero moisture problems. Not even during heavy rains.  Used Rays 3 pin connectors at the other end. Next year all my SSCs will be done this way. No more exposed connections.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Rick S