Author Topic: Minimum Size Enclosure For LE?  (Read 7453 times)

Offline stormym

Minimum Size Enclosure For LE?
« on: November 12, 2011, »
Just got my first Express done and working with no problems...now comes the mounting question...

I was trying to find this in the Wiki and wasn't sure on the required spacing around the LE in relation to an enclosure. I couldn't get my hands on the preferred, however I have a some beefy Hoffman boxes that we were getting rid of at work: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I wanted to know if these are fine as they are 10" wide and wasn't sure if that was a requirement for any kind of heat.

Thanks,
Mike
-Mike

2011 - First Show with 32 Channels

Offline rmp2917

• Coop Manager
Re: Minimum Size Enclosure For LE?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, »
The interior of the recommended cases are approximately 10" x 10.25" x 4". So, it looks like you should be fine with the enclosures you pointed out.

Heat really shouldn't be an issue. As a matter of fact some people have had to add a C9 incandescent bulb inside their enclosure to help keep them warm enough to still work during cold weather.

Offline TAdamsOK

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, »
For those of you who procrastinated, like me, to order the cases and now are in a hurry to get your stuff setup.  There is an Orbit yard sprinkler timer cabinet I stumbled across at Lowes that fits the LE board perfectly.  It has two holes in the bottom for cords and a preinstalled back plate that you can secure the board to.  I thought at first I would have to remove it to clear the heat sink, but it actually fits with some room to spare.  You can't use really tall standoffs I'm sure but .200" ish worked fine. 

It is a touch pricey at like 29 bucks but has a GFI receptacle installed in it and a gasketed door with lock as well.  But if you are looking at ordering one case, then it is about a wash with shipping figured in anyway.  Now the odd part is that the door on mine doesn't look like what is pictured on lowes site.  The ones I saw in lowes actually have a rounded front door.  So if yours actually looks like the one pictured you might not be able to mount to the backing plate and you might have to end up doing some trimming.  I doubt it though, the door on that model looks pretty deep.  The Part number on the door is a 57090-02 Mold number 2590 on the one I am using.  The same pn on the one pictured but it looks like it has a mold number 3108.  (From the picture on the box that mine came in.)

The dimensions are 9.25 x 10.75.  The lowes site says feet, but it's actually in inches...

Offline bendala

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, »
I am picking one of these up this weekend and just received my orders from mouser. Waiting for the Express Coop to mail out and I can start assembly.

Thank you for the find.
Andrew Bendall
Big Rapids, Michigan 49307
Can Program Pic's Upon Request

Offline jramirex

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2011, »
I'm picking one up tomorrow, according to lowes website its 9 feet x 10 feet x 3 feet!! Heck that is big enough for a couple hundred LE and a small generator!!

That's a big error there.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, by jramirex »

Offline Halstaff

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, »
Some Lowe's stores on the east coast have these on clearance for as low as $1.88.  I found 10 at a store in Ohio and am having them shipped to me in San Diego.  Total cost for 10 was under $58.

Offline loveroflife96

• Coop Manager
  • Brandon Christmas 2010
    • My Christmas Display Website
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, »
Hmmm....which store?  Maybe the ones nearby have them as well :-)

Offline Jeffl

• Just remember. Wireless is nice. Copper is king!
    • Christmas In Brandon
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2012, »
Hmmm....which store?  Maybe the ones nearby have them as well :-)

That's the hidden question.  I had 7 at a store near me for $4 and the next morning most were gone. :)  Luckily I have a stash of cases.  If you can find them I would load up for that price.

Offline bwhite505

• Patron Member
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2012, »
I was able to get 29 of the cases shipped to me from a store in Georgia.  Could not order them online for pickup or delivery so I called the store talked to the dept. manager she verified they had them in stock pulled them all put them on a pallet and shipped them. $132 for the cases including shipping from GA to CA. BARGAIN!!!

Brian

Offline Halstaff

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2012, »
Brian,
I did the same to get my 10 after reading your other post.  Worked great.  Thanks for the tip.

Offline Jeffl

• Just remember. Wireless is nice. Copper is king!
    • Christmas In Brandon
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2012, »
I was able to get 29 of the cases shipped to me from a store in Georgia.  Could not order them online for pickup or delivery so I called the store talked to the dept. manager she verified they had them in stock pulled them all put them on a pallet and shipped them. $132 for the cases including shipping from GA to CA. BARGAIN!!!

Brian

But now it's going to cost $2500 for 29 LE's to fill them. :)

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2012, »
All of you are enablers.

C:-)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
    • Lost Weekend Productions
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2012, »
All of you are enablers.

C:-)

LOL Steve.  Feed the addiction!
------
Visit at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline SteveMaris

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2012, »
How are you guys finding these? I want some! LOL

Offline bwhite505

• Patron Member
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2012, »
But now it's going to cost $2500 for 29 LE's to fill them. :)

I actually need a few of them for their intended purpose. One can never have to many controllers or cases.  To good of a deal to pass on.  <;d

Brian