Author Topic: Same thing as the 128ct string but with c9 covers?  (Read 1458 times)

Offline t0cableguy

I am an avid c9 freak.. and I want to begin my move to smart strings next year, and I was wondering if this is the same string as is approved in the wiki with just the c9 covers added.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I will ask Ray myself but I would be more assured with an answer from someone here that has ordered them or used them... or just KNOWS..

The specs are exactly the same I just don't want to spend 100 bucks if someone knows this is not the same smart string with a personal value add of the c9 diffuser.

Offline dpitts

• Restrictive
Re: Same thing as the 128ct string but with c9 covers?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, »
Ray also sells the caps as a separate item. You can just order the strings in the wiki and then buy the caps. The description of the strings you linked to state IP 66. The strings in the wiki are IP 68. Also please note you can have strings made with custom wire lengths in between nodes. For roof lines you may want a different spacing then the usual3-4 inch spacing.

Offline t0cableguy

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, »
Down in the description it says 66 for the ones in the wiki too.. the only place it says 68 is in the name of the item... I wonder if its an error on both pages or not...

But you answered my other question I was pondering.. about buying the covers separate.

The 3-4 inch spacing doesn't really bother me too much. I have a very SMALL house and if i can pack a few more pixels in there I will be perfectly happy with it. Some things like a megatree would be pointless to put the c9 covers on unless they were just accent lights, which I could do with the extra box of covers.

I really did no expect an answer back so quick, so thanks!

Offline dpitts

• Restrictive
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, »
You are on the right track regarding asking Ray. Just make sure they are the IP68 resin filled nodes. Mention you want the same nodes that are bought by the members of DLA (RJ's website). He will know what you are talking about. Copy the wiki link to strings and paste it to him when you chat with him in chat so there is no mistake as to the nodes you are asking for. Then get pricing on the caps.

Offline MrChristmas2000

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2012, »
I will caution on the covers. Be sure to ask Ray if they have been changed to fit the pixels. The last strings of pixels were slightly too small to accept the C9 caps.

Offline kjam22

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2012, »
I saw a tutorial about heating the opening of the caps then rolling them on a hard surface to tighten them up for a better fit.  I will try to find the link

Offline t0cableguy

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2012, »
He just told me that they are the same but I hadn't asked about the ip66. I sent him another message asking whether the ip66 is a typo and told him I'm wanting to buy for dla smart strings. I'll let you guys know more as soon as I get another message.

Offline t0cableguy

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2012, »
He sent me a message the other day verifying that the pixelnodes with c9 covers are indeed ip68.

Offline johno123

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2012, »
Anyone ordered custom lengths between nodes?  That would have been pretty slick to get 8" or more between them for rooflines instead of the 4".  Too bad I just had an order shipped!

Offline tbone321

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2012, »
I really doubt that a custom order would be able to be fufilled this late in the season.  You could ask him for a quote to see what it would cost and how long it would take.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving