Author Topic: Dsc programming issue  (Read 1123 times)

Offline kjam22

Dsc programming issue
« on: October 24, 2012, »
I am having trouble programming my DSC's.  I am using the SSC's utility, etd flashed with pixel net, and an active hub.  I am getting dmx out of the hub so I assume that means that everything is functioning properly.  I accidentally left my dmx device hooked up and it began flashing the lights when I ran the SSC utility.  I have checked multiple DSC's with the same issue and I have reflashed the pics on everything.  Is there some magic to using the SSC utility with DSC's ?  Anyone have any suggestions?

Offline KeithTarpley

• Administrator
Re: Dsc programming issue
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, »
Greetings,,,

Moving jumper, etc?

Keith
"Now I know the only foe is time." -Moody Blues

Offline kjam22

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, »
I have tried with the jumper in place and out of place.  Still nothing.  Can someone confirm that getting dmx out of the active hub verifies that I should nave pixenet out?

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, »
If you are getting dmx out of the hub then Yeah you are getting pixelnet from the dongle otherwise you wouldn't be getting dmx. The hub converts dmx from pixelnet on the DMX output port.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

sjb

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, »
When you programmed the DSC, did the checksum match the one on the Wiki. As I think I recall some people having a similar problem with the SSC and the checksum did not match.

Also when program the DSC you are doing one at a time directly from ETD. I have never done this but not sure if they have to be done one at a time and the start channels assigned.

Steve
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, by sjb »

Offline kjam22

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2012, »
I was running through the active hub because I figured the dsc needed power.  Can I go directly from etd to dsc?

sjb

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2012, »
Sorry, a little confused. Yes I believe they need power from the hub. My question was trying to ask if you are only programming one at a time.

Offline kjam22

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2012, »
Yes only one at a time.  Which settings should I use in the utility?  3 ch, hybrid?  What about node count?  I have 100 but wouldn't guess that it would matter

Offline rm357

Dsc programming issue
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2012, »
Doesn't matter. The DSC only uses the address data and ignores the rest.
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA