Author Topic: can't think about christmas  (Read 1780 times)

Offline BryanV

can't think about christmas
« on: July 28, 2009, »
Too hard to work on my set up.  Currently it's 41 degrees out. Must be the heat.  Come on winter.
Anyone else feel the heat.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Greg

Re: can't think about christmas
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, »
You're kidding right?  Its 105 degrees Fahrenheit in BC?  Dang thats toasty!

Here in Texas 100+ is a common occurrence this time of year so we're kind of used to it (not!).  I'm with you ...ready for some chill in the air!

Greg 
....  Crazy, Toys in the attic, He is crazy  ....

Offline aztiggerp

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, »
Hey, it is 115+ here in AZ!  I look forward to the cool 105 days!

Offline BryanV

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, »
yup it gets that hot up here.  If it doesn't cool off soon my igloo may melt ( ;)
Tomorrow is suppose to be hotter.  I think it was 48ish with the humidity

Offline IronRuss

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, »
I feel your pain Bryan, 36 here on the rock today. Most homes up here in BC don't have AC. I have taken some days off here because of the heat and managed to get a few new controllers built so it actually working in my favor. (NOT)

Russ   

Offline deplanche

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, »
Yesterday was one of the very few days it's been sunny and over 80°F here is buffalo.  Definately not thinking Christmas.... during daylight hours anyway. :)

Offline Made2Rock

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2009, »
Ahhhh Buffalo, my home town but I currently live in Huntsville Al and the one nice thing about the heat and long summer is 2 motorcycles and I can ride them year round  ;D
Born to Rock, but to old to Roll

Offline Greg

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2009, »
Ahhhh Buffalo, my home town but I currently live in Huntsville Al and the one nice thing about the heat and long summer is 2 motorcycles and I can ride them year round  ;D

Many moons ago, I worked in Rochester, NY.   (what, about 90 miles from Buffalo?) The winter was brutal, snowed constantly and the wind, sheesh.   Easy to tell directions there though ...all the trees leaned toward the south.  They were loading snow on freight trains and taking it by rail out of town because there was no place left to put it.  Most memorable moment; We had a downright hot afternoon in February, got all the way up to +40F!  The tennis courts were overrun with bozos in shorts playing tennis (after they shoveled)... seemed very weird to this southern boy.  OTOH, if you ever go to Rochester, absolutely do not miss going to the George Eastman House, Awesome!

And I have fond memories of Genesee Cream Ale which I can't get here.  Oh well.

Greg
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, by Greg »

Offline Made2Rock

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2009, »
Now you did it Greg. You brought up Genesee Cream Ale, Nectar of the gods, I remember being able to buy a case of 16oz bottles for $6 (now I'm showing my age).

The Good Old Days. I think we need to start a coop for that.

What do you think?
Born to Rock, but to old to Roll

Offline Greg

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2009, »
Now you did it Greg. You brought up Genesee Cream Ale, Nectar of the gods, I remember being able to buy a case of 16oz bottles for $6 (now I'm showing my age).

The Good Old Days. I think we need to start a coop for that.

What do you think?

Man that was good stuff.  The Mason Jar had it on tap and it was within crawling distance from were I was living at the time  :P

I understand that the Genesee brewery changed ownership sometime ago and the product was revised somewhat and isn't nearly as good as it once was.  Thereagain, it may be every bit as tasty these days and those in the know are simply misleading me in hopes of keeping me away  :(

A coop for THE GOOD OLD DAYS ???   Ah if it were only possible...

Greg