Hardware > Lynx SSR4

Heat Sink for SSR4

(1/2) > >>

sirwesley:
I am looking for a cheap heatsink for my SSR4's. I just discovered the limits of the SSR4 by trying to run two strands of C9s off of one channel.  It was a "HOT" mess!
Granted during a live performance, I would have the C9s on all the time, but I'm gonna get a Heatsink to be on the safe side.

Anyone have a part number for a SSR4 Heatsink from Mouser or anywhere that they can recommend?

jnealand:
send a PM to blearning, he makes his own out of coiled aluminum sheet

blearning:
that is too funny ...

step 1, go to your favorite hardware store and pick up a roll of 24 inch flashing ...

step 2 cut the flashing as wide as you need it ... this will put 24 inches of aluminum in the heat sink.

step 3 then watch the Video I call it the 2 minute heat sink

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

you can drill some holes in it as required and use some 6/32 by 1/2 inch screws ..

RJ:
Thin 1" angle is cheap and works well. It is all about the surface amount not the amount of metal. It is the surface exposed to air that gets the heat away.

RJ

blearning:
RJ is right ..

so when you do your coils don't do them tight ... if you do it right there will an 1/8 inch  or less between the coils. 

this is based on a design that I found for low profile high density heat sink. 

OH I found it again ...You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

they added a few more components to keep the spacing ... but what I need that was not required.  What DIYer wouldn't modify it a bit ... LAUGHING

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version