Author Topic: Email Ray to offer the new smart strings with the TM1804IC chip.  (Read 2669 times)

Offline sittinguphigh

If every one that is interested would email Ray that they would like smart strings in the square nodes type
with the TM1804IC chip it may help.

I say two types on square node offered with out the correct TM1804IC chip.

One clips on to a plate surface threw a whole the other has holes to secure it on the side.

Which one do you think would work better?

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Or if you are very careful you could drill threw it at  the corners to secure.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, by sittinguphigh »
What you don't know. Can hurt you.

Offline MrChristmas2000

I like the one with the two mounting tabs. That would give you the option of mounting it onto a flat surface to make a grid or to tie it to a rod or pipe.

Offline sittinguphigh

I saw that it gives you the operation.
That would be good.

Offline mrprez1198

My preference would be for the one without the tabs.  In my experience anything with little plastic screw tabs never last and always break/crack easily.  Plus by looking at the photos, the one with the tabs have the wires come out of the bottom, making it difficult to mount them on a flat surface.

Offline MrChristmas2000

My preference would be for the one without the tabs.  In my experience anything with little plastic screw tabs never last and always break/crack easily.  Plus by looking at the photos, the one with the tabs have the wires come out of the bottom, making it difficult to mount them on a flat surface.

You are right. I missed that point. I would then prefer no tabs. Tie wraps are pretty cheap.

Offline sebjsan

• Sebastian from California
^agree
Sebastian from California

Offline sittinguphigh

Your right about the wires out the bottom. In fact it also seems not that secure. The wires are not secured in the plastic node assembly.  The first one looks very secure.

Like I said it may be possible to drill a couple holes threw the coroners of the node to be secured.

Offline Jeffl

• Just remember. Wireless is nice. Copper is king!
    • Christmas In Brandon
These really look like they should be easier to make which should lower the price.

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
they would be really useful at the roof edge, but i wouldn't want them in a mega tree
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline sebjsan

Why not Chris.

Offline zwiller

Yeah, why not?  I plan to at least test some for possible mega tree strands.  I also plan to test mounting them to wood or plastic or maybe even inside pvc or pex.   

It would be cool if they were cheaper...  Somewhere I read brighter too. 

If they are substantially cheaper I will figure a way to use them somehow...   ;D

Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline sebjsan

I would plan on using these for a mega tree. Use pvc and zip tie along the top and bottom of the node with a little slack for strain releif. They would point outwards, as has been the best method for viewing.
Ive also thought of using wire rope strings instead of pvc, thinking it would be easier to store.

Offline chrisatpsu

i don't think i'd get an even look from the leds in a mega tree configuration.  I know some of you guys place your strings on something that makes them point in one direction, but that's what i don't want to do. I want them to look even from any direction.

i use the normal nodes, and wire tie them facing up (or towards the the top of the tree)

Offline chrisatpsu

sorry for the double post, i just went outside to take a picture to show what i was talking about..

Offline sittinguphigh

I used a some think like that for my horse tack. But for me a nylon tube material I think should work better.
But you still have some blockage on your tree.

Hey guys has any one used clear pvc? This would leave no blockage.
I will start a new post on that.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, by sittinguphigh »