Author Topic: Email Ray to offer the new smart strings with the TM1804IC chip.  (Read 2668 times)

Offline sebjsan

• Sebastian from California
Chris, it seems we both used Trecksters Mega Pole Idea. I made two, perhaps i will re-use it next year...
Sebastian from California

Offline SteveMaris

Off topic sorry, but I emailed Ray on a total price for an order and he replied with a quote in an email with a total and a paypal address.
Has anyone placed an order this way?
My first order was through the website and the money was in escrow, so I'm thinking twice before I do it.
Thanks..
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
i've placed about 3 orders through Ray with the paypal. He's came through on all of my orders. Even when something was wrong, He fixed it.
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline sebjsan

• Sebastian from California
same here on the two orders ive placed.
Sebastian from California

Offline zwiller

All my orders went the paypal route, I think 4.  No issues with paypal, but I did have a delay on some rectangle nodes late in the season.  With paypal you have protection for 90 days to dispute.  Not as good as escrow, but as a hobbyist I see that as a reasonable risk.  Now, if I was was doing $10-20k business deals I would probably go escrow.  When I am not making lights blink I run a title co doing escrows...  All I think Ray is doing is avoiding fees to Alibaba and/or the escrow co. 
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline chrisatpsu

it could be that, but i think it's more along the lines of extra work... to put it on the site for you to pay, he now has to create a new item with your invoice.

so whatever setup time it is to create a new product on the site, times as many quotes that he receives.

plus, most of these quotes are a one and done deal.

Offline chrisatpsu

but back on topic, i do think it would be neat in a roof edge setup, or anywhere you would place a node on a surface.

Offline SteveMaris

Thanks for the info guys. I will go ahead and place the order.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline sittinguphigh

Some one from another post I started stated they used the clear tubes with the smart strings.
I asked him to video his show so we can check them out.
He used them as his arches.
What you don't know. Can hurt you.