Author Topic: What is the best way to get the Cat5 into the enclosures?  (Read 1207 times)

Offline UncleBuck

I used romex connectors for the plugs but I forgot about the cat5 cables. Pic's would be great.

Offline bisquit476

• Patron Member
This is what I use

Offline UncleBuck

That looks good but at $7.95 plus shipping it could run the total cost of the LE up.

Offline bisquit476

• Patron Member
I used to buy them at sparcotech.com for a little over $4, but they seem to be out of business, at least the website isn't operating, and you didn't say you wanted the cheapest option. These are weatherproof, that's what I was concerned with. It's the reason I use round output cords with grommets in the case. I found them a little less expensive, about a buck (no pun intended) more than I paid for them.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, by bisquit476 »

Offline UncleBuck

I'm using 3/4 connectors for the plugs so I could probably use two 3/8 connectors for the cat5.

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
I drilled an extra 3/4 hole in the middle of all the others at the bottom of the case and used an electrical wire clamp that the cat5 connector fits thru.  Most of my LEs are wireless, but I put the hole and clamp in the bottom of all of them so I can change my mind whenever I want or need to.  I don't remember the exact term for the clamp, but it is used for romex wire with the little sliding piece that you screw up to hold the wire.  I am not trying to be water tight since the hole is on the bottom I am not worried about it.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA