Author Topic: Quick Question  (Read 1660 times)

Offline Trevor

• Wilson Family Lights
Quick Question
« on: January 11, 2013, »
I may be getting out of the lighting hobby. I have quiet a few fully assembled and working LE's with case and cords included. None of them are over 2 years old. If I decide to sell them what are the going rate on them here? I dont want to low ball myself and/or rip someone off. Any info would be much appreciated!
Even as an adult I find it difficult to sleep on Christmas Eve.  Yuletide excitement is a potent caffeine, no matter your age.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: Quick Question
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, »
Take a look at the sale forum to see what other members sold their LEs for.

Rick R.

P.S. Sorry you might be getting out of the hobby
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, »
I would try and figure out how much you have in them and then decide what you want for them. For me to sell 1 of mine totally complete case.cords.wireless I have about $150.00 in them. You should at least recoop most of your money I would think.
Jeff

Offline deplanche

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, »
There is a coop for V5 LE's right now, so you can see what new, unassemabled, without a case will go for to compare to.

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, »
In addition to the kit price, consider the enclosure at $10+ and wires anywhere from $1-$2 for each of the 16+2 connections.
so add $28-$46
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline Trevor

• Wilson Family Lights
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2013, »
Thanks guys for all your responces. After talking with the fam we have decided to continue with the hobby.  ;D
Even as an adult I find it difficult to sleep on Christmas Eve.  Yuletide excitement is a potent caffeine, no matter your age.

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2013, »
Thanks guys for all your responces. After talking with the fam we have decided to continue with the hobby.  ;D

yeah, we're the wrong people to talk to if you want out!  >:D
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2013, »

GREAT news. Just keep it fun and do not put pressure on yourself!!! Get the familly involved if they are not!

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
    • Lost Weekend Productions
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2013, »

Trevor,

I am glad that your family is allowing you to continue.  Realize that you are the one who is in completely control of how much (or how little) you want to put into it and remember always, that this whole hobby is to be something that is fun to do.  One thing I am certain of, no matter what you do, the family, the neighborhood, and you yourself will be enriched more than if you did not do it. 

From a personal perspective, this hobby/obsession has given me countless blessings. I cannot tell you how many neighbors I now know and talk to on the street because of my lights.  If I didn't have the light show, I would have never met them, and we would still be neighborhood strangers.  The show itself has become an integral part of the family tradition during the holidays now and my high school aged daughter even helps (I know, total shocker right?) and she even tells her friends to come and watch what she helped to do (total ownership and pride in her work). 

I look forward to hearing the anecdote to the story and what 2013 brings to you and your family for your light show.

Kurt
------
Visit at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login