Author Topic: Coop's  (Read 6789 times)

Offline t.jo13

• Coop Manager
Re: Coop's
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2012, »
I have missed out on all three express coops this year,but I sure have fun trying . Every time the alert goes off on my phone, my wife or daughter says ( ooh beter hurry up and check it you might miss another coop )  :)

Offline btdb1969

« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2012, »
Wow, SSD"coop"
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I am able to get into all the coops I have wanted  --  I have a smartphone and the "Notify" set to my email address on my phone then I got "Tapatalk" on my smartphone. When a coop does come up, I get an email...If I want in then I just use the "Tapatalk" to order what I want.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, by btdb1969 »
Bill A.
Maysville, Ga

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
    • Lost Weekend Productions
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2012, »
I have missed out on all three express coops this year,but I sure have fun trying . Every time the alert goes off on my phone, my wife or daughter says ( ooh beter hurry up and check it you might miss another coop )  :)

That makes two of us! LOL and just so you guys know there is no 'insider trading' amongst COOP managers, I am a COOP manager and missed them! LOL

It happens.  I am sure that there will be more COOPs(due to demand). 

Keep trying, you will get in eventually!

Good luck,

Kurt
------
Visit at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2012, »
there is hope, I got in the 2nd Express coop. I have met my need of Expresses for this year. and there are others that are where we need.so that means less people trying to get as each one goes through. you will get in, it should get easier.
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline btdb1969

« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2012, »
I also have met my needs for 2012 so I will not be getting anymore expresses this year. I actually could have gotten into the 3rd coop but since I dont NEED anymore to do the show I have planned, I decided to let members that havent gotten in one have a chance.
Bill A.
Maysville, Ga

Offline Zeph

« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2012, »
I am able to get into all the coops I have wanted  --  I have a smartphone and the "Notify" set to my email address on my phone then I got "Tapatalk" on my smartphone. When a coop does come up, I get an email...If I want in then I just use the "Tapatalk" to order what I want.

Yah, I've seen this dynamics elsewhere where there is not enough supply for demand, it's distributed first come-first serve, and it happens repeatedly so that people can adapt. 

People learn they need to respond within a few days, but then they all do that and the same number as before still get in and the same number get left out.  So they respond within a day; likewise.  So they learn to respond within a few hours, or within a few minutes.

Once everybody has their phones set to notify and use tapatalk, a coop (here or elsewhere) could sell out in 5 minutes.

OR - some people may not be able to keep up with the escalation, in which case those with smart phones and the ability to interrupt on short notice will get in, while those without will not get in, when demand is much higher than supply.

Luckily, the solution here is to keep doing coops until the (aggregate) supply approaches demand.  It's not like a once a year concert or such.  So it'll all work out, as long as enough coop managers are available.  I'm not complaining, just observing a common dynamics of escalating speed-up which shows up in this among other circumstances.

One of the things I'm curious about in regard to these dynamics, is how close supply is to demand.  If there were unlimited kits available (for whatever), would we have 50% more takers than we do now, or 300% more?

Offline sebjsan

• Sebastian from California
Coop's
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2012, »
Same here. I have met my limit for LE's
Sebastian from California

Offline rm357

Coop's
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2012, »
It seems like I remember the last LE coop last year had a hard time getting to the minimum order number.

Just be patient...

And check the DLA twice a day :)

RM
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline tbone321

« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2012, »
Twice a day????  I thought it was twice an hour.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2012, »
It seems like I remember the last LE coop last year had a hard time getting to the minimum order number.

Just be patient...

And check the DLA twice a day :)

RM

No that was more than a year ago. They have been filling up in days at most even later in the year but if the coop runs a couple days and you want in you can get in. It is the ones running a couple of hours that is giving people fits.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying