Author Topic: Success!!!  (Read 1395 times)

Offline deanathpc

• Brooks Family Lights
Success!!!
« on: September 14, 2011, »
Well just setup a temp mega tree in my garage now that I have a couple of Expresses totally complete!

AWESOME!!!!!  This is what I've been working toward!  The family loves it!  Now I have to work on the rest of the display! lol  And a Halloween one now too!  go me...

Thanks to RJ and his family and everyone else on here who has helped!  The hard work and empty wallet are now justified! :)  shh don't tell the wife how much we spend... lol

Dean
-------------------
Dean
Check out our web site: 

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

2011 Light Count: 8,700

[img width= height=]http://www.vixenlights.com/sig/sig_h.php/160.gif[/img]

Offline tng5737

Re: Success!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, »
I'd love to see a video of it if possible.

Offline deanathpc

• Brooks Family Lights
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, »
I'd love to see a video of it if possible.

Me too!!!!!!!!  lol  It's nothing fancy..  I'm finally playing with the effects in Vixen to see how things look.  I'm searching for some sample mega tree sequences now.. :)  Gotta learn somehow! :)
-------------------
Dean
Check out our web site: 

Offline WWNF911

• Patron Member
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, »
Thats awesome Dean. Always glad to hear when another member of the brotherhood of blinky blinky has success!!!

Leon
Leon

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, »
Post on how many channels and how many colors you are using and someone can probably send you a sequence that would include a mega tree.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline deanathpc

• Brooks Family Lights
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, »
Well I'm stuck with 1 color right now.  LED white. :(

But I am using 16 channels for it!!!!!!!!!!
-------------------
Dean
Check out our web site: 

Offline deanathpc

• Brooks Family Lights
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2011, »
So how does everyone sequence a mega tree?  Do you use slices or do 16 individual channels?  That is of course if you have 16 channels for your tree.  I'm still toying with this one.  I've read things and seems like the 8 slice tree was the way it was done but was curious if that's because the lack of channels available for the tree or if it looks better that way.

Thanks!
-------------------
Dean
Check out our web site: 

Offline z327

• my personal Christmas lighting web site
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2011, »
So how does everyone sequence a mega tree?  Do you use slices or do 16 individual channels?  That is of course if you have 16 channels for your tree.  I'm still toying with this one.  I've read things and seems like the 8 slice tree was the way it was done but was curious if that's because the lack of channels available for the tree or if it looks better that way.

Thanks!

IMHO multiples of 4 seem to work well with most music. Something about a 4 4 beat (don't ask me I know nothing about that stuff). I did my tree with 12 since it was a full 360 and I didn't have enough channels to do 16 at the time.
80 Channels LOR, 112 Channels Lynx Express
16 Channels MR16 with 5 Mighty Mini's
2 SmartString HUBs
LedTriks
5,000 LEDs lights, 50,000 incandescent lights, 3,600 RGBs
30 Strobes
15 Snow Lights

Offline inzeos

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2011, »
Well just setup a temp mega tree in my garage now that I have a couple of Expresses totally complete!

AWESOME!!!!!  This is what I've been working toward!  The family loves it!  Now I have to work on the rest of the display! lol  And a Halloween one now too!  go me...

Thanks to RJ and his family and everyone else on here who has helped!  The hard work and empty wallet are now justified! :)  shh don't tell the wife how much we spend... lol

Dean

Nice!  I've been horribly distracted so far this season.  Hoping to pull it together to get some of my plans done for this year.

Offline therealbigjim

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2011, »
I streatch my show by putting two elements on a channel. With a small channel count you make your display appear bigger. I mirror my yard.  A bush on one side is tied to a bush across the yard, this will take a lot more spt cord but it gives you the bigger effect. If you make an 8 channel tree that leave you 8 for an arch or mini trees.
"If you want more lights sell that old mustang"

Offline deanathpc

• Brooks Family Lights
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2011, »

Dean

Nice!  I've been horribly distracted so far this season.  Hoping to pull it together to get some of my plans done for this year.

Oh I know that feeling....  All too well...  I'm finishing up my Halloween display now...  I've bought stuff for arches for the X-Mas display but don't think I'll have the lights for them so they may be out this year.  I still have a ton of sequencing to do myself.  First I have to secure my display before I can even start sequencing....  SO much to do and so little time...

Dean
-------------------
Dean
Check out our web site: